U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 20th, 2022 10:41 PM

Closed

Two cable boxes for picture in picture

I have a Samsung TV with "multi-view" feature, which is basically like picture-in-picture, if you want to think of it like that. 

I'd LOVE to watch 2 on 3 March Madness college basketball games at the same time on the SAME TV.  Get it?

So here is my question...

Can I have and set up two Comcast boxes into one TV (one into HDMI 1 and one into HDMI 2) ?

I have tried using my one Xfinity cable box in HDMI 1 and then trying to use my tablet to stream (mirrorcast) into my TV for the second source.  Now, that does work until I get to my Xfinity Streaming app and try to watch something on the tablet, then Xfinity tells me I can't do that.   Clearly, Xfinity's streaming app has a setting that doesn't allow for miracast (mirroring).

So would using two boxes work, into HDMI 1 and 2. I did try it,  but couldn't get it to work.

Didn't know if anyone else ever had success with that?

I guess I don't understand why my Xfinity app doesn't allow Mirrioring.  It's 2022 people.  Get with the time!

I'm at home, on my Xfinity internet and WiFi.  Why can't I mirror from my phone or tablet onto the TV of my choice.  Or in my case, to get two basketball games on one TV.

Xfinity, you should unprogram that feature and let your customers mirror!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_e510b8 Thank you so mu for taking the time to reach us about these very unique questions! That sounds like an awesome TV that you have that will allow you to stream multiple inputs at once! 

Regarding your initial question for adding an additional cable box to the same room- While this is  theoretically possible as long as a splitter is run so that signal flows to each box- the dissemination of the signal along that same line would not convert into a positive viewing experience.  The best and most natural setup is for each cable box to be assigned to an individual room and having either a cable line connection in, or by using our new Wi-Fi enabled wireless cable boxes( I have a wired upstairs for my primary and a Wi-Fi box for my basement media room) 

As for Casting- This is possible only via a Chromecast connection only at this time.  See this article to see how that process works. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here