Narloo's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Friday, February 2nd, 2024 7:20 AM

Closed

TV Remote app stuck on old (inactive) account linked to ID

I recently opened a new account and at the same time closed an existing account, both under my one Xfinity ID. Now that I've returned my equipment from the old account, I appear to be 'stuck' on the old inactive account whenever I try to use the TV Remote app - instead of seeing my two TV boxes and all of my package's channels, I get zero channels listed, no 'DVR' option in the UI at all, and the settings screen in the app refers to my old, now-returned devices.

I've tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, different devices (for the app itself) all to no avail. I tried seeing if I can 'switch' default account, but it's already locked to my newer one; the old account is now marked as inactive and cannot be unlinked (due to final payment processing.)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @Narloo. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to use the Xfinity remote app for your new account. Were you able to follow these steps How to link, unlink, and switch between multiple Xfinity accounts?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Hey there @XfinityRoberto - yes, I walked through many of the options there and I wasn't having much luck. While many of those options did work when both accounts were marked 'Active,' my recent return of old equipment set my old account to 'inactive' and permanently made the new account the 'Default' account.

From that moment on, I've no longer been able to access the old account in any website nor app UI to choose an account. Additionally, I cannot unlink the old account from my Xfinity ID as it pops up a message to say I've got an automatic payment method attached to it that has to be removed first (by switching to that account...which I can't.)

The really strange part is, per this whole post, while everything appears to point me to my new account (good!) the TV Remote app never got the memo, and still thinks I'm on my old account, no matter how many times I've logged out and back in. It's worth noting that while I had the ability to switch accounts with a lot of other, newer apps and website management portals, this particular app never gave me that choice.

Unless there's some way to 'reinitialize' the TV Remote app from the source, I'm not sure what options are left besides waiting for the old account to truly be closed and removed from my ID?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

Posting my own (sort of) solution: I tried creating a new sub account under my main Xfinity ID using an alternate email address. Logged into the TV Remote app with that new sub account and everything works.

Unfortunately my main (primary) account is still stuck in the old account despite the new account being marked as 'Default.'

Looks like I might have to shift everything to this new sub account (i.e. make it the Primary) and drop my current main account. :(

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Narloo, thanks for letting us know and updating the thread with your work around. Since it is working on the new one, that means to me it is working at the account level. I think you might be correct and it is picking up on the old account with the ID being linked. Can you try unlinking the ID from the previous account using the steps towards the bottom of this page here?

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Hi @XfinityNicolas - That action just wasn't possible for me no matter how I tried. The website does not permit you to unlink an account that features an automated payment setup AND is marked as 'Inactive' AND used the same original ID as the primary user for both. I'm guessing it's a use case that wasn't entirely engineered for.

My solve has indeed proven correct - the below was done on the Xfinity website:

1. Create a new Xfinity ID with a unique email address.
  2. Login with the current primary user ID.
  3. Invite the new ID as a shared user.
  4. After accepting the invite, promote the new ID as the primary user. This will demote the current primary account to a 'member.'
  5. Login in with the new ID (now the primary) and remove the former primary user (after setting up a payment method!)
  6. Login with the original ID: this will now see the original account info (the inactive account's statements, etc.)
  7. Confirm with both IDs (after logging in each) - neither account is linked any longer. Phew!

At this point, I'm able to log into the TV Remote app and see my new equipment, courtesy of the newly created ID. Hooray!

BUT - I have new problems:

• I cannot remove my personal email address and mobile phone number from the older Xfinity ID and add them to the new one. Means no 2FA!
  • My equipment no longer recognises that I have a physical DVR and is 'hiding' on-device recordings, instead only showing my cloud DVR recordings. I can only access and play physical DVR recordings via that TV Remote app!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@Narloo. Are you able to still access the old account online with the old Xfinity ID? If so, have you tried removing the email and mobile phone number that way? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ - Yes, I can log into the old Xfinity ID without issues (I'm using it now to post this). But the website UI gives me no option to remove the phone number nor personal email address associated with it. I can only add/edit. Not delete.

I've also switched preferred contact to my old 'comcast.net' email address that came with the ID originally, and disabled 2FA on the older account. These steps didn't seem to offer any new options to remove things.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Got it! Thanks for sharing that information and for trying, @Narloo. Let me take a look here! Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here