U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, May 4th, 2023 11:50 PM

Closed

Terrible quality

Is there any solution to the terrible picture quality for sports, etc with Xfinity app? I have super fast internet and new Samsung tv

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

1 year ago

Hey @user_0af969 . I want to thank you for reaching out to us regarding the picture resolution. I know it is important to have a HD picture at all times. I am here and will gather more information and investigate. Does it affect all channels or certain channels on your TV?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityLamont​ 

it’s pretty much all HD channels and sports. Have super fast internet and brand new TVs. Picture amazing with YouTube TV and Hulu, but Xfinity app awful and has been for years. I just can’t put up with it anymore and without solution will need to cancel service. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

@user_0af969
Our cable boxes should automatically adjust to the highest resolution possible for your TV, but there are times when you may need to manually check and make sure your resolution settings are correct for your TV. You can check out this nifty guide that will walk you through the steps of how to do that: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-video-display

Please give that a try when you get the chance and let us know if that helps! :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I am using the app not a cable box. Do you guys even read these actual complaints? I made clear I was using app. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I apologize, @user_0af969. We always want things to be right on point. If you use the Stream app on other devices do you notice the same issue? Does the picture quality get blurry like it is in SD or does it buffer and/or pixelate? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here