1290's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024 10:26 PM

Streaming on Chromecast and iOS

I have been streaming using the Xfinity Stream app on iOS to 2 different Chromecast devices.  Suddenly I have been having a problem when I tap on Connect to Device, the window will pop up and immediately collapses.  I can briefly see my devices on the pop up.  I have removed and reinstalled the app.  I have turned off VPN.  What gives???

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

Hello 1290, I'm glad that you're taking full advantage of the Stream app, it's hands down the top app in my house lol. With that said, I can totally imagine how annoying this would be to deal with, so I have your back every step of the way. To make sure we're on the same page I do have a few clarifying questions. Are you able to confirm if any other devices are experiencing the same issue outside your Chromecast? And, are you able to follow the steps and review the device eligibility requirements Here

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Other devices are working fine, iPhone using iOS 17.4.1 is able to use the Connect to Device pop up.  Will not connect on iPad using iPadOS 17.4.1, I have reinstalled the latest Xfinity Stream app.  Chromecast devices are all updated.  Fully compliant with the requirements in the link.  Please advise.  

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

@1290, just to confirm, you are not accessing the content directly through the Chromecast device but rather attempting to cast from your mobile device to the Chromecast on another screen, correct?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes, that is correct.  Opening Xfinity Stream app on iPad (iPadOS 17.4.1), Poke on Connect to a device, selection window will pop up and immediately collapse.  Attempting to connect to a Chromecast device connected to a TV.  

(edited)

2 Messages

I have the exact same issue. I can cast Xfinity from 2 iPhones no issues at all. From my iPad Pro the pull down menu immediately retracts. I can see my device. Additionally, I can cast from the same iPad Pro using other apps. 

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

Hello, user_nqpjcw thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. Are you still experiencing issues with iPad? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

24 days ago

I have been having the same issues for around a month now (using  IOS Xfinity app on iPad; casting menu flashes then disappears).   Re-loaded apps, reinstalled or rebooted all devices, confirmed same wireless band, etc., still with no remedy.  Android apps work fine throughout.    Not the first time that  iOS Xfinity streaming app has had glitches for several weeks.   I know that it is a minor miracle that Comcast, Apple, and Google align for this feature to work when it does, but this seems to be just another example of these three struggling to play together.  Was it a coincidence that the glitch started the same day that the DOJ announced their suit against Apple?  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@jstephenatl Thank you for reaching out to our community forum. You've reached the perfect place to get help with any questions or concerns you have about your Xfinity experience. Please use these steps to cast content from the Xfinity Stream app through your iOS device. 

1 Message

24 days ago

Same issues here.  Xfinity stream app no longer works on any devices for me.  Roku....iphone....ipad.  None of it works.  Says "Sorry! Something went wrong.  Please try again later.  Error: -500).  But this has been going on for weeks now.  I've reset everything.  Removed the app and redownloaded it but nothing seems to work. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_22t7el

Your issue may be slightly different from Streaming on Chromecast and iOS based on the error you've described. Try resolving your issue using the accepted solution in this forum post https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/error-500/602daf73c5375f08cd0c7bfd

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 days ago

I discovered the cast menu disappears for me when the iPad is in landscape/horizontal mode. When I change to portrait, the cast menu stays visible after I tap it. Xfinity instead of just keeping giving people inks to the cast directions, could you fix this bug?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for this huge tip, it worked!  It is a work around but a decent one I can live with. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thank You I’ve been struggling two weeks with this issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast @user_hb284s . I am sorry to hear you had issues with streaming on Chromecast and iOS. Are you still having issues? 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here