U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 5:21 AM

Closed

streaming error tvapp-00231

Over the past several weeks we've been getting streaming errors on both TVs (error tvapp-00231). It happens about once every hour. I've reset the modem (Surfboard sb8200), the router (Asus RT-AC68P) and both Roku devices several times yet the problem persists. Is there something else I should be trying to fix this problem? Thanks in advance, Jeff

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you, @user_6a52d7 Thank you so much for your post on the get this TVapp error when trying to watch your Xfinity Stream app on your Roku. This error code is an issue with the Roku devices connecting to the home network. I have seen in the past customers resolve this error by unplugging the power for the gateway/modem for 3+ minutes and then unplugging the Roku or using the menu you can go to the system and find restart.  Let me know if this sequence helps resolves the error codes popping up frequently. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for your response.  After resetting the modem. the router and both ROKU devices again, I then unplugged each of those devices for the 5 minutes. Unfortunately that didn't solve it.

So I went to plan B and that seems to be working. Basically, I deleted the Xfinity Stream channel and readded it. While it's too soon to tell for cerrtain, we haven't received the error in the past two days.  Will update again in a week or so.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_6a52d7 Excellent! Thank you so much for including the steps you have taken and if you continue to have any issues in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM

Unfortunately, this did not work for me.  I removed the app and readded it, but I am still getting the error message... any other ideas?

Thanks

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having the same problem... besides not being able to stream on my 2 Roku devices, I cannot stream on the internet at xfinity.com/stream

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@denroh if you are still having issues with your Xfinity Stream app on your Roku I would first recommend your model is listed as one of the supported devices that we know work with the Stream app and the Roku platform here. https://comca.st/3SmRmKZ

If you are using one of the supported models listed feel, and you have already done the troubleshooting above feel free to send my team a private message

with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.  

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. It appears that removing and re-adding the Xfinity Stream channel has not solved the problem.  Since the errors occur on both TVs and each TV has it's own ROKU it would seem the error is being caused by something upstream. My router and modem appear to be working OK but the next time the error occurs I'll pull the logfiles on both devices to see if they've recorded an event at the date/time of the error. Not sure what else to do but I'll start down that road. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same problem with both Rokus and using the Xfinity Stream App.  

I have tried everything and nothing seems to be working.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Xfinity Forums, @user_3985d2! I do know that there has been a recent update made for the Xfinity Stream app. The Xfinity Stream app minimum requirements on iOS and Android devices have changed. The iOS 7.5.0 and Android 6.20.0 Xfinity Stream releases are fully rolled out to users on devices that meet the minimum requirements for installation.

If you don't have the most recent release, you should see a message prompting you to update the app. This may also require you to update the Operating System version on your device, if it is below the minimum requirement. You will need to update their iOS version to at least 13.0 or Android version to at least 5.0 to run the Xfinity Stream app.

Please do let me know if this resolves the issue for you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I haven't tried anything beyond what I've shared on here but I'm no longer experiencing the problem. I hate it when that happens.    

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same problem with my Samsung TV which is only one year old. I never get this error when I use my apple devices iPhone and laptops which I always keep updating iOS every time is required but I also get notified when it needs to get done. I never get notified if the Samsung TV OS needs to update, I do not even know how to update the OS on my Samsung TV. I tried to find out but I do not understand half of the instructions. Does anybody know if the Samsung TVs need to have their OS updated and how?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here