U

Monday, April 8th, 2024 12:04 AM

Stream not working on Samsung s95C or Frame - 00148 Error

The 00148 error was a known problem on a wide variety of Samsung TVs beginning around 1/17/24. I am experiencing the same problem on the Samsung Frame and the S95C as of today (4/7/24).  Is anyone else suffering from this?

You can start the Stream app and watch a channel from Live TV but once you change the channel (once, twice or three times if you're lucky), the app hangs and you get the 00148 error.  Only fix is to exit the app and restart, or restart the TV.

I'm not sure if a new version of the Stream app pushed by Xfinity recently caused it--or if it has intermittently existed since January and I just got lucky until today.  Regardless, I can't get Stream to work reliably on either the Frame or the S95C as of today (4/7/24). 

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I have the same issue on two different Samsung TV's. Both are new and fully updated and one came out of the box 4/5/24 (S90D). I have deleted and reinstalled the Stream app, but the issue continues to happen. 

Official Employee

• 

655 Messages

ser_poxom6 Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Samsung TVs. Our backend team is aware of an issue and are working for a release soon to correct these errors. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityThomasD​ will this ever be resolved? I'm now hearing Xfinity is blaming Samsung and Samsung is blaming Xfinity. I've had the issue for six months now so should I give up and move to a different streaming provider? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here