U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jun 17, 2021 2:30 PM

Stream Has not been working correctly for last several days

Device: Samsung Phone Galaxy S8

WGN News gives a time-out error but other stations just spin.  They spin (or 3 dot) for an extremely long time.  I am using the Live TV feature for the news in the morning not certain if that is important. 

This started last week some time not certain.  Uncertain if a phone update or another app might be part of the issue.

I have removed and reinstalled Stream on the phone.  

Responses

XfinityAmira

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

1 m ago

Hello @user_a464c4, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our Forums page. We most certainly appreciate you being a customer with us, and also appreciate you taking time out of your day to bring this Stream app not working on your mobile device concern to our attention. As an Xfinity TV subscriber myself, I love being able to watch live TV and Xfinity On Demand content right on my personal devices, at home, and on the go included in my subscription at no additional cost, so I definitely understand wanting to get this fixed as soon as possible. My team is here to help and wants to ensure this gets corrected for you. 

To confirm, are you connected to your in-home Wi-Fi internet when trying to view the live TV feature on your Samsung? Also, I know you mentioned you already uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, can you please try doing it again using the following steps? 

Log out or force close the Xfinity Stream app. 
Go into settings > apps > Xfinity Stream app. 
Clear cache and data. 
Once cleared, uninstall the app. 
Reboot after you uninstall the app. 
Once the device has booted back up, reinstall the app. 
Try to log in and see if you still get the same error.

Please let us know the results, thank you! 

New to the Community?

Start Here