Teacherspet1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Stream app only shows purchases on roku and phones

2 months ago I switched accounts at the same address. (Closed one under my name and opened one under wife's name) Somehow the 2 accounts must've gotten linked behind the scenes bc my stream app worked with new account for 45 days then reverted to showing old closed account purchases. I've been on the phone for 6 hours with tier 2 and was told over a week ago tier 3 would call me back in 24-48 hours... I called after a couple days and was told they would again call in 24-48 hours... No calls..

One Tier 2 tech told me they can see somehow the 2 are linked and thus the issue yet can't fix it... I've tried all their troubleshooting (over and over and over) and have multiple open cases.... Tonight rokus started working so something must've happened but mobile phone stream apps all still show old purchases and no live tv. My phone and a couple ipads didn't work a week ago then started then stopped again for days...so waiting for rokus to not work tomorrow...it not consistent.
Can anyone actually fix this? It's been 10 days with no fix... I read on another forum that the app entitlements need to be refreshed but I've told that to tech support and phones still don't work...seems like an obvious issue yet no fix....

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

We did that in the first 4 hour troubleshooting session and signing in to new user yields same results. Also tried removing linked user on my end yet it only shows one account. Also tried uninstalling roku app and reinstalling a half dozen times with them doing "something" on their end... One ipad works and continued to work through this whole thing... Others work then dont.. others never work... My android doesn't work but did last week ... Doesn't now... I've signed out and removed every xfinity app on the phone and reinstalled with zero results....

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Teacherspet1 wrote:
2 months ago I switched accounts at the same address. (Closed one under my name and opened one under wife's name) Somehow the 2 accounts must've gotten linked behind the scenes bc my stream app worked with new account for 45 days then reverted to showing old closed account purchases. I've been on the phone for 6 hours with tier 2 and was told over a week ago tier 3 would call me back in 24-48 hours... I called after a couple days and was told they would again call in 24-48 hours... No calls..

One Tier 2 tech told me they can see somehow the 2 are linked and thus the issue yet can't fix it... I've tried all their troubleshooting (over and over and over) and have multiple open cases.... Tonight rokus started working so something must've happened but mobile phone stream apps all still show old purchases and no live tv. My phone and a couple ipads didn't work a week ago then started then stopped again for days...so waiting for rokus to not work tomorrow...it not consistent.
Can anyone actually fix this? It's been 10 days with no fix... I read on another forum that the app entitlements need to be refreshed but I've told that to tech support and phones still don't work...seems like an obvious issue yet no fix....

you can sign in at xfinity.com and go to account then users and create a new user there that is only on your current account and will work without problem. Lately, Comcast appears to have added a section to the account area where you can see linked accounts and make your 'own' username 'primary' to the current account.  for that go to the same 'my account' menu and then to 'settings' in the submenu (the gear). scroll down to account links.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Teacherspet1 wrote:
We did that in the first 4 hour troubleshooting session and signing in to new user yields same results. Also tried removing linked user on my end yet it only shows one account. Also tried uninstalling roku app and reinstalling a half dozen times with them doing "something" on their end... One ipad works and continued to work through this whole thing... Others work then dont.. others never work... My android doesn't work but did last week ... Doesn't now... I've signed out and removed every xfinity app on the phone and reinstalled with zero results....

did you create and use the newly created username?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Yes and it did the same thing....show old account purchases...that was one of the first things level 2 had me do...then hours later other level 2's blamed the entire issue on creating the new user... Level 1 lady copped a major tude and told me that they can't be held responsible for issues with roku and to call roku.... Haha... When they tried to send a tech bc they can't figure it out I said no...bc Im sure their "solution" will be to force me to rent one of their boxes... Just like when they couldn't figure out how to get 2 modems on my account one of them told me that mine equipment was defective and that I would have to rent one of theirs... Ummmm no ... It took them 2 weeks to figure it out but someone finally did... Unfortunately when they did it they left the billing system and the provisioning system out of sync so when the 2nd billing cycle ended my phone stopped working and it took them 6 days to fix it... So in 2 months this setup hasn't been working 100% yet and I've got 20 hours of fun time on the phone with Xfinity...most reiterating the issues over and over but to new people bc they don't read the notes on the cases....at all... Just painful.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Teacherspet1 wrote:
Yes and it did the same thing....show old account purchases...that was one of the first things level 2 had me do...then hours later other level 2's blamed the entire issue on creating the new user... Level 1 lady copped a major tude and told me that they can't be held responsible for issues with roku and to call roku.... Haha... When they tried to send a tech bc they can't figure it out I said no...bc Im sure their "solution" will be to force me to rent one of their boxes... Just like when they couldn't figure out how to get 2 modems on my account one of them told me that mine equipment was defective and that I would have to rent one of theirs... Ummmm no ... It took them 2 weeks to figure it out but someone finally did... Unfortunately when they did it they left the billing system and the provisioning system out of sync so when the 2nd billing cycle ended my phone stopped working and it took them 6 days to fix it... So in 2 months this setup hasn't been working 100% yet and I've got 20 hours of fun time on the phone with Xfinity...most reiterating the issues over and over but to new people bc they don't read the notes on the cases....at all... Just painful.

if you go to the account menu on an x1 set top box does it show the same username@ you are using to sign in? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

The one on the dvr (only stb I have) shows the primary user.. signing into either the primary or newly created user does the same thing on android or some apple devices ... Shows purchases from old account and no live tv or recordings... Still no.calls.from tier 3. Looks like I have to spend another 4 hours on the phone tomorrow if I want stream on my phone's. Good news is 4 rokus continue to work so they must've done something bc they didn't work for a solid week and now have worked for a full day. Guess 75% fixed is good enough for them... How about I pay them 75%....

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @Teacherspet1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with having the old account link when trying to stream from the new account. I would like to have a look at this and see what we can do for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Michael,

I'm having the same problem on two Roku devices, one is actually working. I don't see a place on your page to DM you. How can you be contacted?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@RobFitz22 wrote:

Michael,

I'm having the same problem on two Roku devices, one is actually working. I don't see a place on your page to DM you. How can you be contacted?

once you posted and some time passes the 'send a message' link will be active when you are logged into the forum.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Rob- Did your rokus start working? I'm over 10 hours on the phone with them on this one issue and still not working...4 weeks later.. they keep closing my case like it's resolved ...but it's not.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same problem and getting very frustrated. Hours on the phone. Repeating myself over and over again. Trying all the same scripted troubleshooting. Get it together comcast!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_01128a! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Xfinity Stream app, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here