Dgrose153's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Oct 29, 2019 11:00 AM

Stream app not showing live channels

My stream app is not showing my live channel lineup. I have both internet and an X1 box. When I tried to set it up on my Roku it said I need a video subscription which I obviously have beings that I have the TV service.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

@Dgrose153 wrote:
My stream app is not showing my live channel lineup. I have both internet and an X1 box. When I tried to set it up on my Roku it said I need a video subscription which I obviously have beings that I have the TV service.

to test 'fix' the problem go to the xfinity.com web site and sign in. go to your account, then users and create a new unrestricted user. use that username/password to sign into the roku. is it working now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Actually it only worked when I signed out of the app on my phone and logged back in with the new username. On the Roku, it just makes you go to xfinity.com/authorize and enter a code. It's all still going through my wifi which I think is the problem because of the 2 addresses on my account. I'll call them tomorrow. But atleast I've made positive progress so far.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Thank you so much. That worked! I spent an hour on the phone with a some special tech who kept blamed my Roku and told me I should contact them. I said that didn't make sense because the app wouldn't work on my phone either. I just moved into this house and and started service back up with Comcast after 2 months of not having it. My account still shows my old address and makes me have a dual account for some reason which I'm thinking is the problem. Maybe I need to contact billing and see if they can take my old address off of my account somehow. But again, I really do appreciate your help!
Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

@Dgrose153 wrote:
Thank you so much. That worked! I spent an hour on the phone with a some special tech who kept blamed my Roku and told me I should contact them. I said that didn't make sense because the app wouldn't work on my phone either. I just moved into this house and and started service back up with Comcast after 2 months of not having it. My account still shows my old address and makes me have a dual account for some reason which I'm thinking is the problem. Maybe I need to contact billing and see if they can take my old address off of my account somehow. But again, I really do appreciate your help!

the newly created account only has one account/address. billing can fix your original username to point only to your current account/address. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I'm having the same issue. Can someone assist me here? I've been on the phone with the Customer service and they can't help.

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

1 y ago

@nramos03 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Can someone assist me here? I've been on the phone with the Customer service and they can't help.

scroll back to my 10/29 post. fixed?

New to the Community?

Start Here