B

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, August 16th, 2022 1:21 AM

Closed

Stream app mini guide is gone....

Since the device is out of beta the mini guide has disappeared. It's frustrating to have to back out of what I'm watching to see what else is on. I know it was done for stability issues due to RAM but I had zero stability issues when it was there. Now that the mini guide is gone I almost can't stand it. I've checked for ways to restore it and don't see any options. Please bring it back

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @BergerJ and thank you for bringing this feedback regarding the Xfinity Stream app to us here at the Xfinity Community Forums. Just to make sure I understand your concern correctly, are you able to view the Guide on the app when following the steps listed here? View TV Listings with the Xfinity Stream App

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityShaina​ I'm not referring to the mobile app. I'm referring to the app for smart TV's. Phones didn't have an issue with RAM that I'm aware of

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@BergerJ My apologies for any misunderstanding about the platform! May I ask what Brand and model of Smart TV you are utilizing with the Xfinity Stream app?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Why does it matter, what TV a customer has? You took the Stream App on Smart TV's out of Beta. Forcing customers to get boxes in order to see the guide while channel surfing. One more reason to cancel my Xfinity service. First reason is the pricing in Chicago. Shame on Comcast for price gouging like they do!!! Number one in the nation for highest prices as far as cable goes. Shame on you! $155 for two services and over $40 in taxes and fees. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I agree. Noticed it was removed recently. Now have to leave a program to use the guide. Old in-app menu let you scroll through a mini guide while still watching a program. Bad decision to remove it. I wonder if the point is to make the app so bad, that it forces people to get a cable box that they don't really want. Hum.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@Anon413731​ they're not likely do fix an issue for something that we don't pay extra

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I completely agree 100%.  I just finally started a forum post to bring attention to the same issue.  The non-beta version is so much worse.  Not only is it terrible they removed the mini-guide, but now when you do go to the guide on the main menu screen, it always brings you to the very top of the channel menu.  It doesn't matter what tv your using, I have both an LG and Samsung and both apps on those TV's have lost the mini guide.  It really needs to be brought back.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here