ryanL78's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, April 28th, 2022 1:30 PM

Closed

Stream app black screen for live TV but DVR recordings work.

I’ve been using the stream app for quite a while on my Android devices.  My current device is a Moto z4 which I’v owned since the summer of 2020 that has Android 10 on it.  

Starting sometime in the last few months when I try to stream Live TV using the app, it results in a black screen while audio continues to play.  The play/pause button shows up if I tap the screen, but there is no video just a black/blank screen.  However, recordings from the DVR work perfectly.  Other streaming apps (Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu work correctly.  It also works correctly if I cast to my Chromecast devices.

Things I have tried:

cleared app cache

cleared app storage

restarted phone

cleared system cache

uninstalled/reinstalled stream app

tried different channels, both HD and SD

This feels like a new app bug.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hi @ryanL78 Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I know it's a bummer when an app or service is not working. It tends to get me when I really need it too! Thank you for your excellent details and troubleshooting. I grabbed an android device pixel 4 to test and I have the live TV programming playing with sound and picture. I have other devices that I can test as well, but with this initial result I think it may be an isolated issue, possibly specific to your device model. The only other variable is the test credentials I am using here and your personal credentials there. Do you happen to have another android device to test? I also found that the last app update was on 4/6/22, so I don't think it's specific to the recent update since you have experience the trouble for longer than that. I would love to look into this more and help bring our repair team into the issue to help with finding the right resolution. Would you please send me your name and service address, so I can create a request?

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here