U

Monday, November 20th, 2023 2:42 AM

Closed

Screen mirror error

My app keeps indicating screen mirroring is not supported and to shut if off to view on device.  I'm not mirroring have shut off wifi cleared data and cache.  Restarted phone 2x any other suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

11 months ago

@user_weupez Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like your device may be connected to a Bluetooth Casting device that the Xfinity Stream app doesn't support. Try turning off your Bluetooth connection option on your device to see if that corrects the issue. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

That ain't it. I'm getting the same error and Bluetooth on my device is off.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @gdonovan610! Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concerns. May I ask for some additional details? For example, what type of device are you using to access the Xfinity Stream App? And when does this error appear (i.e. upon launch of the app, when selecting a live channel to stream, after selecting a DVR recording to playback, etc.)?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue... I have looked at different forms and found some as old as 2 years with the same unhelpful representatives from Xfinity saying to do the same things. Here we are, still paying for a service we do not get.

Official Employee

• 

589 Messages

Hey there, @Pyro5263. We're here to help, can you provide some details about when you're experiencing the issue? Is it when you're attempting to access live TV, On Demand content, or DVR recordings? Is it happening on multiple devices or one specific one? Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the Xfinity Stream app? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

Hi- Does xfinity streaming app support screen mirroring? I'm watching beautifully on my iphone. I'd like to use HDMI cable to mirror. It is working for all my other apps, including YouTube. I'd like to watch the xfininity Stream app but when I plug in my HDMI adaptor I get 3 dots. The display both on my phone and monitor just show 3 dots.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 Messages

6 months ago

@XfinityJohnG I'd like to us a direct lightning-HDMI cable connection. That is mirroring my iphone for other apps and Youtube. Xfinity Stream is running fine on my phone, but I'd like to use the direct wired connection. It's giving me 3 dots ... and not displaying. (I do not use Airplay or Chromcast.) Can you suggest how to fix this frustrating problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_zhtza7, Great question. I have been in your shoes before so I can relate to the frustration that this has caused you. I am sorry to learn about this experience. For iphones, you would have to use Airplay instead of a direct lightning-HDMI cable connection. Another option is if you have a compatible smart TV, you can use the XFINITY Stream app directly on the TV. Make sense?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here