MattM1245's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 29th, 2023 10:50 PM

Closed

roku xfinity stream not working

I called customer support and they stated they no longer are supporting Roku as a streaming platform.  As I have been using these services for over the past 4 years this is really a disappointment as i finally got the service with internet and NOWTV that i want and then they no longer support it.  And buying more devices such as thier flex TV box or chromecast is ridiculous as Roku is one of the largest marketshare devices in the space @50%.  If someone can read this - i suggest you support this app or you will have lots of unhappy customers.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... they stated they no longer are supporting Roku as a streaming platform ...

I don't think that information is correct. There have been no announcements to that effect, and I would expect that if they had dropped support this Forum would be flooded with complaints. My own Roku box is still working.

What model number Roku device do you have and exactly what sort of problem are you having trying to use it with the Stream app?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

It is the flex package it's a streaming package that Xfinity offers. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 year ago

Greetings, @MattM1245! Thanks for reaching out about Roku working with our service. Roku works with our cable service but it has never been compatible with NOW TV. We may see more devices added in the future but at this time it is not compatible. 

You can enjoy NOW TV on the following devices shown on our website, https://www.xfinity.com/nowtv.

• Computer:
    • Browsers including Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge
  • Mobile:
    • Amazon Fire tablets: Fire OS 6.0 or above required; Stream app version 7.4.1 or above required
    • Android phones and tablets: Android OS version 7.0 or above required; Stream app version 7.4.1 or above required
    • iPhones and iPads: iOS version 14.0 or above required; Stream app version 7.8.0 or above required
  • TV:
    • Xfinity Flex 4K streaming TV box: Stream app version 2.2.0 or above required
    • Amazon Fire TV: Fire OS 6.0 or above required; Stream app version 7.4.1 or above required
  • Plus, you can cast to any device capable of supporting:
    • Chromecast
      • Chromecast 1st gen, Chromecast 2nd gen, Chromecast 3rd gen
      • Chromecast 4th gen (Chromecast with Google TV)
      • Chromecast Ultra Google Nest Hub
    • AirPlay: iOS version 14.0 or above required

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Xfinity you let us all down again. Not only with your pricing but your poor customer focus.  I wish I had Verizon in my area. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, @johndiv1. We'd like to turn this around. What specific issues are you experiencing? Or need assistance with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

I am very disappointed as well - I was told that NOW TV could be used with my Roku device :( . Again misleaded again by xfinity customer service

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Same here, Xfinity you let us all down again. Not only with your pricing but your poor customer focus.  I wish I had Verizon in my area. 

(edited)

1 Message

6 months ago

Does xfinity stream now tv work with TCL romu t. Or.not?

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_wac7oo Hello, were you able to use the Stream application on your TCL device?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_wac7oo​ it doesn’t work on my tcl Roku tv. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here