atai's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, February 26th, 2021 12:00 PM

Closed

Roku Xfinity app problem today

The xfinity app has been failing today.  After you lauch the app and the first menu shows up, about a second or two later, the app disappears (crashes?) and we are back in the main Roku menu. 

We have two devices and this is happening on both.  I've rebooted the Roku and the cable modem and the problem persists.

Just wondering if this is a known issue.  Otherwise our connection is fine and I am able to stream TV from a computer, etc.

A

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Beta stream has been crashing on Rocky the last 2 days.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Roku Xfinity stream beta won't load. I've uninstalled...turned system off then reinstalled Xfinity and still won't load...I have good internet connection

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same. Crashing on Roku upon launching.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  The xfinity app has been working fine on all 3 of my TVs with Roku, then all of a sudden yesterday I turned it on and it wasn't working.  I'm not getting an error message, it looks like it's going to work.  It takes you to the xfinity home screen where you can choose live, saved, etc.  then it just goes away and back to the original roku home screen where it lists all the apps.  We are able to watch Netflix, Disney +, etc just not xfinity.  We are able to watch it on our computers and phones just not our TV.  We called and were on the phone with xfinity for over an hour. At first they said they just finished some repairs in our area to restart our router/modem.  That didn't work so then we did everything else they asked us to do like reset the router/modem, uninstall the app then turn everything off wait then turn it back on and reinstall the app, etc. ,  got disconnected twice, then they basically told us they didn't know what was wrong and blamed Roku.  It's frustrating because we are paying for a service and yet not able to fully use it.  I also find it interesting that it stopped working shortly after the supposed repairs in our area were complete.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I installed Xfinity Stream Beta on my TV with Roku about a year ago.  It has worked without any issues until yesterday.  Now, when I click on the Xfinity Stream Beta icon on the Roku screen, it starts to load the Xfinity Stream Beta app as usual.   The top row of icons - Live TV, Saved, etc. - loads, then the app abruptly bails out and I am back at the main Roku selection screen again.  This happens repeatedly.  No error message.  The app simply fails to load and bails out.  Internet works fine, as does my house phone, both of which are Xfinity.  I've disconnected the modem and restarted it.  I've disconnected and restarted the Roku.  No other services on Roku have been interrupted, only Xfinity Stream Beta. Whassup?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

They're saying it's a Roku problem. Seems the interface was getting an upgrade or something?? I feel like it's a Xfinity problem when Stream is the only thing thats not working.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing is happening to me.  Yesterday, 26-FEB-2021 after going through 3 levels of "account executives "  and with a total of over a hour on hold  they told me the problem is on their end and their technicians are working “double overtime” on it.  

It has been over 24 hours since this problem has manifested.

With all those techs working on the problem they could have redesigned a whole new system by now. 

My guess is Xfinity put in a software update that is causing this problem.  They should remove the latest version and reinstall the older version of the software or operating system . So we can watch TV while they figure out the problem.

Over 24 hours to fix this problem, Sad. 

BTW this problem is not list on their outage list, it should be.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same for me

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here.  I have used it with minimal issue and yesterday the app closes after it initializes.  This is frustrating.  I have done several resets and reboots with Roku and the xfinity modem.  What is the fix?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here.  Hasn't worked for at least 2 days.   Xfinity chat support and phone support were beyond USELESS.  Spent over an hour jerking  around with level 1 "No Technical Knowledge " support.  Beyond frustrated.  Looking to change.  This isn't a ROKU issue.  It is an Xfinity issue.  Reddit has a page on this as it is happening to a lot of soon to be ex-customers.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I was told last night that the issue hadn't been previously reported, however a simple google search and there it is.  Lots of folks having the same issue.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue. Xfinity beta stream stopped on the 25 th of February with Room. Went through every scenario still don't work. What is the problem.

Not applicable

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

If anyone needs direct account assistance, please send us a private message.

To send a private message, click on "ComcastShayne," and then click send a message.

Please including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address.

Additionally, remember to follow the Forums guidelines, which can be found here: https://comca.st/2ZXMuCE

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same here, when looking through the other topics in the forum there seems to be a decent response from an xfinity representative. What is the explanation for the silence on this thread?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Also, strange that the app crashes on roku at the same time it premiers on Comcast flex boxes. Coincidence?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here