G

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 16th, 2023 2:45 AM

Closed

Roku App Functionality

Hi,

Everyone at Xfinity I talk to asks me why I don't use the Xfinity Streaming app instead of Tivo or the Cable Boxes.

The reason is, functionality watching Recorded Programs.

First, I'm not sure I understand why the Roku App doesn't have a Skip Ahead function (even though it has Replay -20 sec).

Using the Firestick, the Left and Right Arrow keys let you Skip Ahead +30 sec and Replay -15 sec when watching a Recorded show.

I have recently moved to Roku because the better experience it provides and no Ads that the Firestick forces on you.  And for the most part all Apps on Roku are superior or the same except for the Xfinity App.

In addition, with other Roku Apps I can see what I'm fast forwarding to and rewinding.  What's the point of Fast Forward and Rewind if you don't know where your going??  

For example, the Netflix App will show Thumbnails of what you're rewinding/fast-forwarding so you can stop when you get there.

For me to be able to move to the Xfinity App like everyone at Xfinity asks me to do I really need this functionality.

Please let me know when I can expect this to be added.

thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@grybro Hello and thank you for reaching out with this feedback. We don't have any information on plans to change the app, but that information is definitley helpful and I can send your thoughts up. You can also submit feedback here. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here