Benzduck's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Dec 16, 2020 1:00 PM

Recordings only visible when watching on TV from direct connected DVR. No more in-home streaming.

A few weeks ago, I noticed recordings on my DVR no longer were visible under the Recordings tab on any of my in-home devices (ipad, phone, xfinity.tv via any browser). I can see the recordings listed in the DVR Manager part of the xFinity Remote app, but not in the Stream app. Or under Recordings on a PC browser.

The recordings show on the iPad (for example) while being recorded -- but once the recording is finished they're invisible.

This is a severe feature reduction. I'm rarely in my living room where the TV is, and I prefer to watch the DVR recordings vs on-demand. It's easier to navigate, and not all programs are available on demand, like sports events.

What the heck?

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

5 m ago

@Benzduck wrote:

A few weeks ago, I noticed recordings on my DVR no longer were visible under the Recordings tab on any of my in-home devices (ipad, phone, xfinity.tv via any browser). I can see the recordings listed in the DVR Manager part of the xFinity Remote app, but not in the Stream app. Or under Recordings on a PC browser.

The recordings show on the iPad (for example) while being recorded -- but once the recording is finished they're invisible.

This is a severe feature reduction. I'm rarely in my living room where the TV is, and I prefer to watch the DVR recordings vs on-demand. It's easier to navigate, and not all programs are available on demand, like sports events.

What the heck?

moved your post to the stream app area of the forum. let's work on just the iphone to begin.  is it running at least iOS 12 or later? also, using the xfinity my account app, go to the internet tab, and select the gateway/modem. when you touch it compare the shown 'serial number' to the HFC MAC address on the label on your own gateway/modem. do they match exactly?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here