Florida33441's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, January 25th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Re: No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv and no streaming on mobile app

I've been using XFinity steaming app on Roku for over 6 months with no changes on my part,  A few days ago, I was locked out of on demand shows that I do subscribe to. They gave me a code, my iPad took it and said I would be able to watch on Roku, where the code was generated. iPad said it was a success and I could watch. But no, XFinity keeps giving error that I am not subscribed to video, but I am. Tried several times talked to 5 agents, done every thing possible. I mean everything.  Funny thing, I Can watch your streaming app on my iPad, no issues. It seems that you're not telling Roku that I'm a customer that subscribed to video. Please help me, I can't watch my shows for 4 days now. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Florida33441 wrote:

I've been using XFinity steaming app on Roku for over 6 months with no changes on my part,  A few days ago, I was locked out of on demand shows that I do subscribe to. They gave me a code, my iPad took it and said I would be able to watch on Roku, where the code was generated. iPad said it was a success and I could watch. But no, XFinity keeps giving error that I am not subscribed to video, but I am. Tried several times talked to 5 agents, done every thing possible. I mean everything.  Funny thing, I Can watch your streaming app on my iPad, no issues. It seems that you're not telling Roku that I'm a customer that subscribed to video. Please help me, I can't watch my shows for 4 days now. 

please highllight the xfinity channel on your roku (don't start the channel). press the " *" (star) key and remove the xfinity stream channel. then unplug the power connector from the roku for 2-3 minutes and plug back in. Reinstall the Xfinity stream beta channel and accept the terms and conditions. working now?

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, I've already done what you suggested. I delete the Xfinity Streaming app on my TV and reinstall it. When welcome screen comes on, I select "sign in". It then generates a code, which I input on iPad. iPad says it's successful! TV tries to start the app, but a "Sorry" screen error comes up, saying I must be video subscriber. Done this about 10 times. I've talked to five agents so far, literally almost 3 hours. They are no help. Today, I'm able to watch TLC, NBC, and E apps without logging in and no lock outs, so they know I'm allowed. Still cannot get XFinity streaming to work.  Any more help? I don't have cable on this tv and it's killing me with no live tv. Thank you. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Florida33441 wrote:

Thank you, I've already done what you suggested. I delete the Xfinity Streaming app on my TV and reinstall it. When welcome screen comes on, I select "sign in". It then generates a code, which I input on iPad. iPad says it's successful! TV tries to start the app, but a "Sorry" screen error comes up, saying I must be video subscriber. Done this about 10 times. I've talked to five agents so far, literally almost 3 hours. They are no help. Today, I'm able to watch TLC, NBC, and E apps without logging in and no lock outs, so they know I'm allowed. Still cannot get XFinity streaming to work.  Any more help? I don't have cable on this tv and it's killing me with no live tv. Thank you. 

is your TV still at home connected to your own home wifi? does your ipad connected to same home wifi stream live TV properly?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Florida33441 wrote:

Yes, my TV is at my home and is connected to my home WiFi network. This is same WiFi as my iPad and iPhone where I'm able to watch XFinity streaming and on demand with no issues. XFinity just isn't recognizing me as a video subscriber on their own streaming app on TV. Funny thing, I'm able to watch the NBC app and TLC and HGTV (but HGTV is still locking me out of on demand episodes). So they must know I'm a video subscriber if I'm able to view those channels. It's their own app with the issue. I really appreciate your help. Any suggestions or other questions? Thank you

There is an issue in a database. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand. this is for app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, my TV is at my home and is connected to my home WiFi network. This is same WiFi as my iPad and iPhone where I'm able to watch XFinity streaming and on demand with no issues. XFinity just isn't recognizing me as a video subscriber on their own streaming app on TV. Funny thing, I'm able to watch the NBC app and TLC and HGTV (but HGTV is still locking me out of on demand episodes). So they must know I'm a video subscriber if I'm able to view those channels. It's their own app with the issue. I really appreciate your help. Any suggestions or other questions? Thank you

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Again, thank you. I'm going to call this morning and I'll post my answer here. 

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Fixed! Another 1/2 hour on phone. Tech said the issue was with the integration of my account. Whatever.  Thanks for your suggestions, highly appreciated. 

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Update: just spent 45 minutes on phone with an XFinity app tech. My issue is still not fixed. Again, they had me deleting and reload their app, on and off with my WiFi and Roku. Still can't stream their app. It still doesn't recognize me as a subscriber. Agent had me take a photo of the error code on my TV and send to her so she could review with her team. Same error code that I've had for 5 days now. She's promised to call me back in 15 minutes. Bull

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issues. I can get the Xfinity Streaming on my iPhone, laptop, and desktop but NOT on my ROKU/TV. On those devices, it comes up as Xfinity Stream. I get the same error message: Unfortunately, we cannot support high-speed data customers without a video subscription. I have purchased the necessary cable packages but every time I call Comcast - now 9 times in 3 days, also made 6 visits to the local Comcast store - NO HELP! I am told something new each time I speak with someone, we go through the same steps over, over, over, and over again. I explain that to each person I talk to. I am told to unplug everything, start over, and do it again. I have had my password changed so many times, I can't keep count now, and one idiot even changed my email address which made things even worse. Now NOTHING works - thanks to Comcast. 

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @EmmaBright. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with our Xfinity Stream app and I would love to assist you. If you are still having issues, please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 

 • Click the direct message icon

 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

 • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here