samgough's profile

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 5:00 PM

Re: "Connect to in-home Wifi to watch" message

I am getting this message and have recently installed a new xFi modem.  It happems on line, the Stream App both on TV and iPhone

Responses

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

6 m ago

I get this message on Laptop or the Strea App on my Samsung Tv or on my Apple iphone.  I have a new xFi gateway.

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

5 m ago

Sorry I wasn't clear. I can connect to the internet.  I cannot connect to Xfinity Stream.  It states that I must connect to my Home Network which I am clearly connected to.  Just can't get Xfinity Stream to work.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

5 m ago


@samgough wrote:

I am getting this message and have recently installed a new xFi modem.  It happems on line, the Stream App both on TV and iPhone


promoted your reply to anew thread. is your gateway in bridge mode? use the Xfinity my account app and go to the internet tab. touch the gateway shown (only one?) and compare the shown serial number to the label on the Xfinity gateway/modem. do they match exactly?

EDIT: merged your other thread to this one.

Official Employee

 • 

328 Messages

5 m ago

@samgough, I'm sorry to hear about the stream issue. We can get to the bottom of this issue and work to get this fixed. Just select my name and send us a message with your name and service address so we can locate your account.

 

pbrown95

Contributor

 • 

29 Messages

5 m ago

I am having this EXACT same problem.

 

Recently upgraded to XFi modem, but running it in Bridge mode.

 

When I look on my account, the account doesn't seem to recognize the new modem, it still says I have my old modem installed, but says it can't connect to check on it.

 

Can someone update my account so your system knows which modem I really have?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

5 m ago


@pbrown95 wrote:

I am having this EXACT same problem.

 

Recently upgraded to XFi modem, but running it in Bridge mode.

 

When I look on my account, the account doesn't seem to recognize the new modem, it still says I have my old modem installed, but says it can't connect to check on it.

 

Can someone update my account so your system knows which modem I really have?


Install and run the Xfinity My Account app. go to the internet tab. does the xfi gateway/modem show in the equipment list ready to install? 

pbrown95

Contributor

 • 

29 Messages

5 m ago

It does not show any new equipment to install. I just says "We can't connect to your device". 

 

The Xfi Modem is pushing internet though. When I got the new modem sent to me I followed the directions to activate it at the time.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

5 m ago


@pbrown95 wrote:

It does not show any new equipment to install. I just says "We can't connect to your device". 

 

The Xfi Modem is pushing internet though. When I got the new modem sent to me I followed the directions to activate it at the time.


using the Xfinity My Account app, select the internet tab. do you see more than one gateway/modem listed? touch the gateway and compare the displayed 'serial number' to the tag on the modem you are using. do the characters match exactly to the label?

pbrown95

Contributor

 • 

29 Messages

5 m ago

Only one gateway listed.

 

The serial number listed is for my old modem, not the new one.

pbrown95

Contributor

 • 

29 Messages

5 m ago

I was able to settle this with a phone agent. All is good.

New to the Community?

Start Here