GraceM5228's profile

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 12:00 PM

Prime Video Xfinity App

I have 3 TVs with Xfinity Comcast.  All are smart TVs. All streamed Prime Video with no problem until yesterday.  NOW, one TV is NOT working when I try to access Prime Video.  It works accessing other streaming programs... but the Prime Video app is not working.  (Prime Video IS working on the other TVs. )  Any ideas?  I've tried shutting down Xfinity completely (rebooting) and nothing. I've called Amazon and troubleshooted through a host of possible solutions - and the final 'solution' was that it was not their APP at fault, but something through Xfinity.  I even tried calling the maker of the TV (TCL)... nothing...

All ideas?  Thank you... (in advance)

Responses

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

Thanks for responding, but as crazy as it sounds (after what you wrote)... Xfinity is actually the one that fixed the problem... the reset a few things on their end and IT'S WORKING!!  I don't know exactly what they did... I'm happy saying it was magic... all I know is - it is working now and my mother is happy... that's all that matters.

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 m ago

Keep working with Amazon and the tv manufacturer, it’s got nothing to do with Comcast. If it was something related to your internet service, none of the apps would work, not just on one tv. Maybe your tv needs an update or try uninstalling and re-install the app
Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

5 m ago

moved thrread to the home network area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

5 m ago

@GraceM5228

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here