U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Jun 30, 2022 5:54 PM

Playback Issue 2111

I get the playback issue 2111 error when trying to watch live tv on my Samsung TAB E Nook tablet.  Recorded shows playback fine.  The tablet is connected to my home wifi network.  I have tried un-installing and re-installing the Stream app but that did not help.  The tablet is running Android version 7.1.1

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

Some live tv channels work and others I get this error.

XfinityJay

Official Employee

• 

406 Messages

Hi, @user_876b6a

Thanks for bringing this to our team's attention. Let's work together to make this right. 

When you experience this issue, do you also receive an error number following the playback issue 2111 messages?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

There is no other error number shown. After a minute or more after selecting the live channe, I want to watch, I get the following message:

"Playback Issue::2111

We're sorry, but we're unable to play this video right now.  Please try a different channel or program."

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

23 d ago

I have the same issue on my Samsung Tab S6

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_cf9a2f​ error 2

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck

Official Employee

• 

67 Messages

I am sorry to hear you're having this issue with the Stream app! Are you still experiencing this issue, and if so, is it happening while you are connected to your home WiFi network?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Yes, it occurs while I am connected to my home wifi network.  My wife also has a Nook but she does not have this problem.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

@user_876b6a In order to more effectively troubleshoot I'll need to collect some additional account information. Can you please send a direct message with your name and the complete service address? 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

15 d ago

Hello - I am having the same issue on a similar device (Samsung Galaxy Tab E), I get the Playback Issue 2111 error and at the bottom of the screen it says Error 4.  I have cleared the data and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled, but getting the same issue when trying to view live tv.  No issues on my other devices, tvs and phones.  Thanks very much for the help.

XfinityRyanE

Official Employee

• 

460 Messages

Hello @user_4d6024, thanks for reaching out to share your experience. We will be glad to take a look t this in more detail. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here