user_80808y's profile

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Peacock Premium on Apple TV

I know my xfinity X1 gives me access to Peacock Premium content through the X1 box interface.  Can I still access the premium content through the Peacock app on my Apple TV which I'd prefer?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

4 years ago

Figured it out.  I had to first open Peacock from my X1 remote and create my account. Now I can use that email address to use the Apple TV app.  Problem solved. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@kentmcpherson wrote:

I know my xfinity X1 gives me access to Peacock Premium content through the X1 box interface.  Can I still access the premium content through the Peacock app on my Apple TV which I'd prefer?

where authorized a peacock app is provided. is one provided on the Apple TV app store?

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

4 years ago

Yes there is a Peacock app for Apple TV. But when I try to view a show with it, it says the content in premium and I have to subscribe for $4.99/month. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

Are you sure you logged into the Apple app using the same login you used for X1 or other devices?

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, same account. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

had this same issue, we have no Comcast/Xfinity hardware.  After spending half an hour on a freakin' chat with someone not in the USA, I was told I had to have X1 or some other hardware box, about which that person knew nothing and referred me to Xfinity. I spent time on the website, which is how I wound up here actually, but got nothing resembling an answer. 

here is the punchline.

USE YOUR XFINITY/COMCAST ID credentials.  I had used another email when I created the account, and that was a mistake, because it was only the "free" version of Peacock.  Once you create THIS Xfinity accessed account, go to the settings and account and LINK TO PROVIDER/XFINITY/COMCAST.  There were just two buttons for "link your service" and then magic happened... we have Premium Peacock and my wife can finish her show!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here