machado22's profile

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

Saturday, December 10th, 2022 6:08 PM

Closed

Peacock Premium closed captions doesn't work

Hello-I have Peacock Premium via my Xfinity subscription but I've noticed that the closed captions feature is always turned off. Why aren't captions available for the programs I am watching on Peacock Premium? Has the feature been accidentally disabled? Has the feature been accidentally removed from the system? 
I can click on the text box, choose subtitles & audio but the option is always, "none" 

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

2 years ago

@machado22 Thanks for creating a post on our Community Forums. I can't watch anything without subtitles ever since having kids and wanting to keep the volume a bit lower, so I can definitely understand how quickly annoying it would be to have to keep turning them on. I had a similar issue with another app, and found that by accessing the app on a web browser to make sure the settings had closed captioning on automatically, it didn't turn off on each episode when watching on our Xfinity cable box. Have you tried to go this route yet? 

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

2 years ago

Hello-Thanks for the reply. When I do access the app via a browser the CC feature works perfectly. There never has been an issue via the browser. The problem is via the app on my TV. I can access the app via my TV remote or via the Xfinity app. Now when I access the app via my TV remote, CC does not work at all. When I access the app via the Xfinity system the CC feature works just fine but the picture is much darker than usual. So that's why I prefer not to watch via the Xfinity app feature.

I really hope this can be corrected.

Thanks in advance

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@machado22 Thank you for those details. Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app? Doing this will help make sure you have the latest version and can help clear up issues like this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

Hello-I did as you suggested and no luck. What I have to do now is watch Peacock via the Xfinity controls on my tv/app section in order to see subtitles.

If I try to watch via my Smart TV/app the subtitles still do not work. That is very unusual and Peacock has not been any assistance on the matter.

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

Thank you for getting back in touch regarding this issue @machado22 - just to make sure I understand correctly you have no issues with subtitles or closed captioning opening the Peacock app on your Xfinity X1 or Flex box, but only when watching the Peacock app via your Smart TVs app list? Are these for identical programs as well? I know you mentioned that you preferred not to watch Peacock via the set top box due to issues with brightness on the screen. I'd like to make sure both of these issues are addressed further.

With Peacock, closed captioning can be customized to provide different sizing, font, and color options by changing the settings in your account or on your device’s Accessibility settings. Have you attempted to access the settings for CC/Subtitles on Peacock itself or the accessibility or CC options on your Smart TV?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here