U

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 4:29 AM

Paramount Plus

Paramount Plus keeps buffing on x Finity. Makes anything unwatchable. It has nothing to do with the app or WiFi. The cable box is hardwired and the app works flawlessly when using a smartphone or WiFi enabled tv. What the [Edit: Language] is the problem Comcast?????

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

4 months ago

Hey there, @user_afuiqn. That is definitely frustrating when you're trying to navigate through a 3rd party app and bumping into issues when attempting to watch a show. What sort of troubleshooting steps have you taken from your end? Have you tried to use the refresh option under the troubleshooting tab on the X1 cable box? Have you perform a power cycle to the cable box yet? 

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

3 months ago

We are having the same issue.  Paramount Plus always buffered when loading a program, but would then show the program without freezing or lagging.  The issue started last week with the constant freezing during the program, making it unwatchable.  Not just one particular program, all of them.  Agree, nothing to do with the App or Wifi, hardwired cable box to TV.  We rebooted the box, sent a refresh signal and cleared the cache on the TV from the streaming apps.  Problem continues.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

It’s so bad I switched to my smart tv app where it’s ok.  It’s the only service having these issues of all streaming apps available on the cable dvr.  Get a newer version running please  I’m not enjoying switching audio sources and 

functions.  This isn’t the first paramount plus problem with Comcast 

2 Messages

That was my plan as well. Loved the convenience of having everything on Xfinity but the glitches with ONLY paramount + is annoying 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_afuiqn. I appreciate you reaching our team, are there any troubleshooting steps that you've taken on your end to attempt to resolve the issue? Is this also happening on all devices?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here