gizimo's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 9th, 2023 8:02 AM

Closed

Paramount+ freezes and buffers constantly!

I have Paramount+ on X1 and it is constantly freezing and buffering. No other streaming service does it and the web is full of complaints about the same thing. The only answer anyone gets is that it's their Internet connection or speed. I have the fastest you have so that's not the problem. Can you please try to figure this out? There are so many things I want to watch on it but it's infuriating. I'd rather get it fixed instead of canceling but may have to. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out @gizimo. I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your streaming. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? I would start by rebooting your modem and cable box. I also suggest logging out of your streaming app and logging back in. I personally have seen this fix any freezing I have encounter with network apps.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same trouble however I have none of these problems using my fire stick to watch paramount plus.  I only have problems with app when I use my Xfinity boxes

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @mikematthews129. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try rebooting the box manually or through the Xfinity App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Same problem and I’ve tried all the solutions here. Is this a problem with Xfinity or Paramount? 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_paramount we want to ensure you are able to enjoy all apps on your device. I am not seeing any known issues listed for this. Are you only having a problem with the app when using it on your X1 TV Box? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same problem while trying to watch paramount plus has anyone found a fix for this it’s very hard to try and watch a movie and it keeps buffering!!

6 Messages

10 months ago

I am another user having these same buffering issues. I see no solution offered here. What can be done for this?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_3vixwp Thank you for sharing that you are experiencing an issue as well with the Paramount app through the X1 cable box. I'm sorry to see that you are having these issues. We do not have a known issue reported at this time for an issue with the app on X1 devices. Do you have any trouble with opening the app, or does the freezing buffering happen only while playing a program? What type of X1 cable box are you using? 

6 Messages

Obviously many people are having this problem as evidenced by the postings on this site and my observations when performing a Google search.

There is no problem opening the app. The buffering occurs during viewing and could happen at any point.

I can view a show on my iPhone or computer without a problem.

My box is an XG2v2-P.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_3vixwp, Thank you for coming to our Forum and for trying to find a solution on your end. We always want to gather any additional details to make sure we're on the same page and understand the full scope of the issue for each particular customer. That way we can ensure we're heading towards the best fix, but I have your back all the way. Are you only having issues with the Paramount app on your cable box? Are you experiencing any buffering with other apps, recorded content, live shows, or On Demand? 

6 Messages

I experience the extreme buffering only with Paramount+. I see no problem with Netflix or Prime Video as 2 examples. No problems with live shows or recordings.

I can view Paramount+ on my iPhone or computer without a problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_3vixwp 

Why can't I access the Paramount+ app on my X1 TV Box?
The app isn’t compatible with the following X1 TV Boxes: RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxes. If you have one of these, you can exchange your ineligible TV Box on X1 by choosing the Paramount+ app tile.

(edited)

6 Messages

10 months ago

No one has replied to my post. There are many, many people having this problem. 

Where is a solution Comcast??

1 Message

10 months ago

Having the same problem with the Paramount+ app.  No other Apps or channels do this only Paramount. But please explain to me why there is no issues with the commercials In this app?

Yes we have rebooted everything g and logged in and out of the App.  No changes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_mx8bgs Thank you so much for letting us know you are also running into this issue with the Paramount + App. Are you accessing the Paramount + app using one of our boxes? If so do you by chance know if you have one of these model of boxes: RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1? If you are not sure, you can check out this page here to see how to check : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/my-account-view-equipment-information#:~:text=You%20can%20view%20the%20make,Identify%20your%20equipment.

5 Messages

10 months ago

This is the same

for us. Xfinity what is going on, we have ultra fast internet test speed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_c4cnhi Thank you so much for your patience. I can definitley see how frustrating this App issue is for you. Are you currently still having the same issue with the buffering?-Richard

3 Messages

9 months ago

I am having the same issue. New router. New box. Everything works fine except Paramount+. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_wqljsm thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with Paramount+. I definitely understand wanting to ensure you can stream all of your favorite content. Have you tried any troubleshooting already to resolve the issue? 

3 Messages

My response seems to have disappeared. What more  troubleshooting can I do? I have a new Xfinity router and cable box. I do not use an app as I do not have a smart TV. It seems to work ok on my computer but I don’t watch shows that way. I don’t see anything on this thread that can help me. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_wqljsm How do you normally watch Paramount Plus? 

3 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​  On my tv through Xfinity X1 box. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_wqljsm Ok! Let's continue assisting you in a Direct Message, we'll need to check the box you have to see if something is going on there. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

5 Messages

9 months ago

I too am having this same issue with Paramount, Comcast what is the solution to this? There are no answers on this thread and I have tried online support. Why can you not recognize this issue and find a fix. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Also having that same frustrating issue! Get with it Xfinity, we pay enough for better service!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_2u0m3b  Good afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Paramount+ App. I know how frustrating it can be, when your services aren't working as intended. I'm happy to assist you in getting in the right direction for a resolution. Before we begin, can you please share any troubleshooting steps you have already tried? This way we don't repeat the same steps. 

2 Messages

9 months ago

For weeks this same thing has been happening to me. The TV shows would stop playing mid-stream and paramount almost always freezes while an advertisement is playing. Also, there isn't an option to continue a show where you left off. The show itself ALWAYS starts over instead of starting back where you left it. I'm way beyond irate and there's no reason paying for something that is broken and faulty. I can't even watch the TV show that motivated me to purchase Paramount Plus because it won't play past the first season. Well over a month this has been going on! It's an unnecessary stress that I don't need in my life.

To say there is nothing wrong on the app's part is insanity. No other app on my streaming player is having this issue

2 Messages

9 months ago

For weeks this same thing has been happening to me. The TV shows would stop playing mid-stream and paramount almost always freezes while an advertisement is playing. Also, there isn't an option to continue a show where you left off. The show itself ALWAYS starts over instead of starting back where you left it. I'm way beyond irate and there's no reason paying for something that is broken and faulty. I can't even watch the TV show that motivated me to purchase Paramount Plus because it won't play past the first season. Well over a month this has been going on! It's an unnecessary stress that I don't need in my life.

To say there is nothing wrong on the app's part is insanity. No other app on my streaming player is having this issue.

Official Employee

• 

281 Messages

@Mahone40 - What equipment are you using to access the Paramount+ app? 

Flex Xi5 devices, RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxes are not compatible at this time. Here are images to identify which model you have. You can also check when signed in on your account

For Flex devices: a swap app is available on Xi5 devices allowing you to upgrade to a compatible streaming TV Box. Please follow the prompts to order a Getting Started kit to upgrade your streaming TV Box.

For X1 boxes: you can exchange your ineligible TV Box on X1 by choosing the Paramount+ app tile.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Same issue here! Every other app works fine except Paramount+. 
I’ve tried every troubleshooting solution I could find and nothing fixes this. 
I should also add that it seems to happen mostly at night. Not sure if that makes a difference. Very frustrating!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_f57c7a You mentioned trying all troubleshooting options. Have you attempted to reach out to Paramount + support as well? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here