xb2's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 4th, 2022 4:33 PM

Closed

Out of home channels

Why are channels like ESPN and Motortrend now not available out of home in the streaming app?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just noticed the same thing. I can't find any info on their site that it was changing. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. Non of the channels I usually watch are available. Only left with a bunch of garbage that I never even heard of are still there. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@ThiNgo75​ I spent over an hour with their tech services and they’re completely clueless. I’m able to stream all the normal channels on one of my televisions using a fire stick but none of the other TVs or iPads so it makes no sense at all and I can only hope they have a glitch because if not it’s time for YouTube TV. I’ve been streaming like this for years and this is happened before but they were able to reset. I wonder if resetting my X1

one box would help

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, same issue here. The only reason I even have Xfinity is for the huge variety on the app and I can watch away from home (I'm gone on business half the year)! If they can't get this resolved, I guess I'll have to get Youtube TV.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here.  Change happened between yesterday morning and last night for us.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This happened to midday yesterday as i watching! I turned from a channel I was viewing and then nothing work. I agree with a previous comment of nothing but garbage channels are available. I’m extremely upset by this move.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Hi @OGKMan05 ,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We need some more information from you in order to investigate the missing channel situation. Please follow the steps below to send me a private message.

To send a private message, you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@OGKMan05​  Comcast told me to buy a new TV. I wasn’t happy but complied. Now the new TV can’t handle the app. Thanks Comcast, which is what I say everyday when the internet goes down. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This change is very disappointing.   Was there any notice that this was coming?    

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

This is very disappointing if this is a new policy.  If it is, goodbye Xfinity.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

App on iOS has updated, new icon and channels are gone.  Most up to date app on PlayStore still hasn't changed, old icon and all channels are showing.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Last iOS update is 3 months old

Version 7.3.1

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@GalvTexGuy​ I check for updates on iOS almost daily, if not minimum of at least twice a week.  My phone shows last update installed two days ago.  Maybe they deleted the most recent version from the AppStore?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@jnascimento​ My iOS is up to date. iOS 15.6. I’m tweeting with support now. They don’t seem to be aware of the issue. 🫤

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

They are aware.  They don’t have any answers.   My TV and internet service also went out yesterday evening and was not restored until 4am or so.  I thought it was the storm.  Now I am thinking it was something bigger that also knocked out something with the mobile streaming service.   Everything worksnn be using Wi-Fi but not cellular.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @xb2 ,

Thanks for reaching out about this. We're currently investigating the cause of the missing channels issue. Please send me a private message with 

the Device make/model that is having the issue and the Stream App version number.

To send a private message, you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityBernadette​ hi I spent an hour with your tech services today and they don’t understand us they keep saying you have to be at your home Internet which is Xfinity to be able to use streaming. When you go on the Xfinity beta site it says live television and downloads from any screen anywhere no just being in your own home. Your technical service people really don’t understand how streaming works I don’t believe. We’ve been using this service as Xfinity platinum members for many years and this is very frustrating but what is really frustrating is that it works on one of my televisions and not any of my other TVs or Apple devices so something has changed

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

No they don’t understand what is going on and how wide spread the problem is.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Talked to technician.  You have to sign up for Comcast’s internet service to get the channels on the mobile app.  

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@user_d61271​ wrong. I have Xfinity internet and it’s not working

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

I’m paying $220 a month for TV, Internet and home phone.  If I’ve gotta pay for xFi or whatever they’re pushing now in order to get streaming back on my phone, I’m outta here!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have Comcast services for phone tv and internet and my channels quit working as well. So I don’t believe them saying having Comcast internet will fix it does not appear to be accurate

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It appears that they have added additional networks to the list of in home WIFI only the local network affiliate channels have always been there since I started using the app a few years ago. I don’t believe this will be an app issue, this was probably done by Comcast IT and I will be surprised if they correct this issue. 

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

I noticed this issue yesterday afternoon. Spoke with a tech this afternoon and he advised that Xfinity was aware of this issue with their app and that it should be corrected.  Of course, no time frame could be provided however I was further advised that once corrected, the same channel lineup will be provided.  

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@customer_xyz​ Apparently, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Tech support on Twitter is telling me all channels are now restricted to in-home wi-fi streaming only.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

Well, as we know, anything is possible with Xfinity. My calls to them started yesterday afternoon, and my conversation today was with the third person "up the chain". He seemed confident in what he was saying, which I actually understood every word of. As far as the left hand/right hand issue, my fingers are crossed.    

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m on phone now.  Seems to be just Apple issue.  I’m able to get all the TV GO channels on my laptop but not on iPhone or iPad. Tech support is totally worthless based on my experience and phone tree is idiotic. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_8bb1fc​ Wrong.  Friend has a samsung and is getting the same problem.  Its not Verizon or Apple, its an Xfinity problem

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here