U

Sunday, June 16th, 2024 3:33 AM

Not able to use Xfinity stream

When I try to log into the Xfinity stream app I get an error message that says “we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.   Error: tv app-00165

Official Employee

• 

528 Messages

4 months ago

Good evening @user_n06n0w. Are you currently a subscriber to our TV service?

2 Messages

No just internet.   But everything I have read online says I should be able to have access?   And my rewards are $1 movie nights but I am not able to use them.   

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @user_n06n0w

An Xfinity TV subscription is not required to use the Xfinity Stream app or portal, but different Xfinity services do offer different content. Xfinity non-video customers can:

• Enjoy 20 livestreaming channels.
  • Stream thousands of free Xfinity On Demand shows and movies.

Are you connected to your in-home network? These features are delivered exclusively through the Xfinity-managed network as a cable service, not the Internet. Troubleshooting steps such as exiting the app and reloading it may have success. Please let us know what device you are streaming on for further assistance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here