U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 2nd, 2023 1:36 AM

Closed

No Xfinity App for my 2021 LG tv’s after app update…

I have (2) 2021 LG Smart TV’s, which I used with the Xfinity streaming app up until recently.  After an app update, it no longer worked.  Tried to delete and reinstall but now it’s not even listed as an available app in the LG App Store..  seems like tons of other customers have had the exact same problem after Xfinity updated their app.  What is being done about this???

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

2 years ago

Hello there. Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand how frustrating this can be. I stream everything on my smart tv. I understand that this happened after the Stream app was updated, your tv's software fully updated as well?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityCam​ The software on both LG TVs are fully up to date… It says the update only affects older LG TVs from 2017 which these are not. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

If you cannot find the Xfinity app on your LG TV, the most likely explanation is that your TV does not support the application. I know you stated that it is a new TV and it should be supported therefore have you tired to reach out to LG for support as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here