U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 3rd, 2022 1:29 AM

Closed

No sound using xfinity stream app

I am hearing no sound on my iPhone 12 Pro Max when trying to watch recorded programs.  Sometimes it will start with sound and then stops part way in and sometimes there’s none right from the start.  It’s the same issue with other devices.  The sound works fine through the TV.  I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times.  Netflix and Discovery + work perfectly fine.  This is extremely frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_eac9f5! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Xfinity Stream App volume, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance! Can I have you try a couple of things to see if that helps?

1. Make sure your device has an active network (either in-home Xfinity network or another Internet connection).

2. Close and re-open the app.

3. Still not working? Force-quit the app.

Apple: Quickly press the Home button twice to see previews of your recently used apps, then swipe left or right until you find the Xfinity Stream app. Swipe upwards on the preview of the app until it is no longer on the screen.

Android: Open the Settings, tap Apps, then tap the Running tab. Find Xfinity TV and tap Force stop. Not all Android devices function the same way. If you're having trouble force-quitting the app on an Android device, try turning the device off and then back on again.

4. Wait two minutes and re-open the app.

Please let me know if that helps!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChelseaB​ 

I am having the exact same issue. This happens on all my devices. The iOS is updated. The app is updated. This fix does not work. It appears to be an issue with the Xfinity stream app. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here