T

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 15th, 2023 3:48 PM

Closed

No Live TV Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV 4k (2017)

I have the 185+ Channel subscription, 1200 Gbps internet, and Xfi modem.  I've downloaded the Xfinity Stream app on my Apple TV 4k (2017), logged in, and there are no live TV channels listed.  I also have limited access in the app to only free content.  The Apple TV is connected via ethernet on the network behind the Xfi modem.

I am able to view live TV and streaming options on my iPhone 14 Pro Max in the Xfinity Stream app both on my network and off.

I have rebooted the Xfi modem and Apple TV multiple times.  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app multiple times.  Nothing has resolved the issue.  I was on with chat support and they rebooted my modem with only a couple seconds of warning (I was on my phone using the wifi and got disconnected) so I was not able to continue with their support but they didn't seem to understand the issue anyway.

Apple TV details:

Model:  A1842

tvOS:  16.4.1

Connection:  Ethernet

Xfinity Stream details:

Version:  1.4.0.265

My phone and Apple TV are both linked to my Xfinity cable subscription.  I've tried clearing the settings in the app, deleting the app, signing out and back in, and nothing has worked.  This does not seem to be a system issue but an issue related to authentication or account linking on the server/backend.

Please assist with getting this resolved.

Thanks,

Tom

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@trom2k Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. I am sorry that you are experiencing this type of issue when using our Streaming app on your Apple TV. I would like to take a closer look at your account and the login you are using to access your streaming options. To get started, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here