U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 20th, 2022 2:20 AM

Closed

No icon on home page

I bought samsung tv and established account, loaded xfinity app and had stream icon on home page.  Turned off tv  and when I later turned on again, xfinity icon disappeared.  Xfinity is still installed but I have to go to apps and search for it.  Why isnt it an icon on home page like hulu and prime?

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. You will need to contact the TV manufacture regarding the app on the home screen. As for Xfinity related concern, is the app working fine for you or are you having any concerns?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... samsung tv ... Why isnt it an icon on home page like hulu and prime?

When I began using my Samsung TV the home screen ("Smart Hub") had been preloaded with so many icons I couldn't reach the Stream app without a lot of scrolling or, as you describe, using Search. Since most of these icons were for services I was never going to use, I removed their icons and moved the Steam app icon so that it was easy to reach. The E-Manual for my set gave these instructions:

Moving an item on the Home Screen
Move the focus to the app you want to move, press the down directional button on the remote control, and then select Move. Move the app to the desired position by pressing the left or right directional button, and then press the Select button. The selected app is moved on the Home screen.

Removing an item on the Home Screen
Move the focus to the app you want to delete, press the down directional button on the remote control, and then select Remove. The selected app is deleted.

With the home screen "cleaned up", reaching the Stream app became easy. 

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here