U

Thursday, January 11th, 2024 8:26 PM

Closed

MSNBC sound not working on Xfinity app

Happens every now and then but currently I cannot get an sound from MSNBC...only picture. CNN is working as are other channels. Using Xfinity app on IPad mini. Uninstalled app and re-installed. Same thing. Thanks for any suggestions. 

Official Employee

• 

811 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_d1631v. Thank you or taking time out of your day to create a post, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to your Xfinity Stream App audio issue. I appreciate the update that is seems to be only affecting MSNBC, and the steps with uninstalling and reinstalling the App. 

Some other tips if you haven't tried:

- Check to see if your device needs to be updated. With uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App recently, that should have updated when completed. 

- Have you attempted to use a different device, and if so a different browser than safari?

- Have you attempted to log in online https://www.xfinity.com/stream/, and see if you get the same issue? 

(this can help determine if it is App functionality, or programming playback/audio issue)

2 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ Thanks for replying so quickly. It is now OK but I'll try your other suggestions next time it happens.

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

@user_d1631v Sounds good! Please reach out to us again if you have any other concerns! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

Having this same issue today. No sound when MSNBC is playing on Xfinity online. Commercials have sound, but not the MSNBC programming.

2 Messages

I am having the same issue as well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_pilz8b Is this through the app? Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_2kbs8p Are you noticing the same issue if you use the Xfinity Stream App directly?

1 Message

4 months ago

I am having the same issue. Uninstalling reinstalling didn't work. Wifi is working. Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_1328hw Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Can you provide a little more detail, such as what type of device you are using? Is it just one channel or multiple channels that don't have sound? The more details you can provide the better we can assist you.

1 Message

4 months ago

I am having the same issue today!

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

Hello @jjp448 I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing sound issues with our stream app. Have you had the opportunity to try the troubleshooting steps provided by my colleague above? 

1 Message

4 months ago

No sound all day on msnbc - please do something!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_3shyk7 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I would be happy to look into this issue with your cable service. Have you had a chance to power cycle your cable box? 

2 Messages

4 months ago

This is happening to me today. (4/1/2024) It happens occasionally. Every other channel

works. I am using the app on an iPhone. The msnbc stream works, just no sound on the app. 

2 Messages

I am also experiencing it again today and this is through Live Streaming and not the cable box if that helps figure out why this keeps occurring. No other channels are impacted. 

3 Messages

MSNBC Sound does not work on android phone app ( up to date) or firestick tv. Customer support just replicate issue by doing same and reconfirm and then troubleshoot please. When it doesn't work on multiple devices it's not a wifi or a reboot issue. 

(edited)

1 Message

All other stations are working fine not MSNBC no sound.

5 Messages

I just got it to work by switching the audio language to Español. It now plays audio in English. 

3 Messages

Same!🙃 Working now my selecting Spanish (which is in English).

1 Message

4 months ago

I’m having the same issue this morning with no audio on MSNBC on my iPhone streaming app. All other channels are fine and I’ve followed all suggestions provided. This has been happening more frequently over the last month or two and usually I just have to wait it out. Frankly I’m getting really frustrated! PLEASE work with MSNBC to resolve this issue permanently!!

5 Messages

@user_c60sia​ I just got it to work by switching the audio language to Español. It now plays audio in English. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_c60sia. I hope you're having a wonderful day, so far. I'm sorry to hear you're having audio issues when watching MSNBC on the streaming app. I'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot this problem you're experiencing.

Can you please share what troubleshooting steps have you done on your own to help remedy this problem? Have you by any chance tried the steps my colleague suggested?

5 Messages

4 months ago

I’m having the same issue today on the app. Only MSNBC. CNN is working. 

5 Messages

I just got it to work by switching the audio language to Español. It now plays audio in English. You have a bug. 

5 Messages

@user_fn01o4​ isn’t a permanent fix. Every time I close it and reopen MSNBC I have to switch it to Español again or there’s no sound. 

1 Message

3 months ago

Why is there no audio on msnbc?  It comes and goes but today it been out all day on all of our tvs

Official Employee

• 

615 Messages

user_9q51qy Are you still having audio issues?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here