U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, July 22nd, 2022 11:44 PM

Closed

Missing mini guide

Is anyone else missing the mini guide from the bottom right of the screen?

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @user_768a34. I am sorry to hear the mini guide is missing from your cable box. I am not showing this as a known error at the moment. Our team would be happy to investigate the issue. When did it stop showing on your box? Have you tried any troubleshooting yet (resetting the box/ toggling channels)? What type of cable box do you have (wireless or DVR)? I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this. Our team will be on standby.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAnna​ it is still showing on our DVR box, however we stream from two other TV's.  We have restarted the wifi, disconnected the DVR for at least 5 minutes to "reboot", shut off the voice command.  On both streaming TV's we have gone into settings, options there is no option for mini guide only AD, or CC.   We have Samsung TV's upstairs neither have talk to remotes.  Now the only way to change the channel or to see what we could watching is to back out to LIVE TV from the main screen.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for these additional details @user_768a34 in April 2022, a new version of the Xfinity Stream Beta App was released. Depending upon the amount of RAM in the TV (2GB or less), the MiniGuide feature was removed to improve performance and overall experience with the app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Now that the mini guide has been removed its not clear how to navigate channels on the xfinity stream app.  Not sure how this is an upgrade to the experience?  Any advice on how to now navigate channels on a samsung smart tv?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityAnna​   We have 4 TV's in our home only one has a DVR box, the other 4 stream Xfinity which all were initial set up by a tech coming to our home.   The TV with the DVR box has both the full and mini guide, the other 3 TV's no longer have the option to view the mini guide while watching.  The icon for the mini guide is no longer on the screen it has been replaced by an icon AD.  If we are watching TV we need to back out to the main screen locate LIVE TV to view channel options instead of just clicking on the once mini guide at the bottom right corner. 

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello, @user_768a34 and thank you for reaching out to us about the missing guide. Are your referring to the mini guide that comes up when pushing the right arrow on the remote?

If so, you will need to go in to setting preference and then mini guide. Turn it off and then back on.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... Any advice on how to now navigate channels on a samsung smart tv?

In https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/missing-mini-guide/62db365d6f170a2f7efb365b?commentId=62dddb1c6a3f856065f6d062&replyId=62de6d416f170a2f7efb5a2e 

employee @XfinityEva wrote:

... Depending upon the amount of RAM in the TV (2GB or less), the MiniGuide feature was removed to improve performance and overall experience with the app. 

Unfortunately the employee did not indicate how to tell how much RAM memory a TV has.

Without the MiniGuide, to change the channel you have to [Return] to the first Stream screen ("Now Playing"), select "Live TV", and scroll to the channel you want to watch. "Saved", "Browse", "Search", and "Settings" are also options on that screen.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Can Xfinity at least have the channel you were watching be on the guide when you back out of a recent channel?  When I turn on the TV and back out to the guide it defaults to channel 2.  Then I have to hold down the down arrow for several hundred channels to get to the channel I want.  If it was on the channel I was watching (which it used to a while ago I thought?), it would help be closer to the channel I want to switch to...

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

My mini guide is still missing on my samsung smart tv

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes.  The new app on Samsung makes makes channel navigation very difficult.  There is no apparent way to toggle the mini guide on and off as suggested above.

mini guide worked perfectly in the beta with the tvs current ram.

(edited)

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

this entire thread probably belongs in 'stream app area' but will leave it due to many replies. I checked both Roku and Fire stick for mini-guide and it is still there and the stream app is no longer marked beta (blue background, white 'xfinity stream' on icon. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

I have a Samsung smart tv and since the latest update the mini guide has been removed, sadly.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @Bricks44. I'm sorry to hear the mini guide has been removed after the latest update. Have you tried to see if the option is available to enable the mini guide in the settings? If not, please give that a try and let me know if it worked or not. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ there is no option to enable it

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

technology changes its needs as time moves on. I have moved all my streaming access in home to roku devices as I can update them by replacing in the future while keeping the TV.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The mini guide option is not available under preference anymore in the streaming app. How can it be restored?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is beyond irritating & giving me more reasons to cancel Xfinity considering how much I pay. Please explain how this is an upgrade to users.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm thinking it's time to switch to Hulu+Live. This is awful without miniguide. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

So is there anyway to change the channel? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

@user_c02230 I removed one of your (duplicate) posts.  If your TV memory/processor/etc is no longer sufficient to run the full feature app, you can change how you stream by using a roku/fire stick/etc. The beta is 'done' on the modern devices and the full release mimics the x1 set top box experience (for example just press 'right' to see mini guide. Pressing OK while watching a live channel gives you a "LAST WATCHED" button that when selected shows the last 10 or so channels you have watched that can then be selected directly from the rotating list. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I completely understand times are changing just about everyday...  We pay the consumer now choose to purchase high end "smart TV's" so that apps are just a click away.  Grant it that's our option, we also pay to have Xfinity come out set up our point and click installs.  Xfinity is forever increasing prices due to demand. Now as a consumer I need to "get with the technology" to purchase a roku / fire stick just to see a mini guide?  Am I understanding that correctly?  There isn't even an option to set the channels to HD, or if you are on Channel 3 for example there is no option to select " watch in HD".  A simple option yes, but easier then arrowing up / down to find it in HD. I've only had Xfinity for a few months with the few changes that have been made they are not user friendly.   

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

@user_768a34​ imho TV built in apps are doomed from the moment they exist since the TV can't be easily upgraded as technology changes. I got a new TV with full apps like xfinity available but only use the 4k roku ultra as I can swap when technology is eventually outdated or more memory is mandatory. I have a 4k firestick on another TV as well. I only use the 'connected' part to update the TV's firmware now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity. Fix this [Edited: Language] now!!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Greetings, @Masterhype. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. It would be my pleasure to look into this for you. If possible, could you please elaborate on the issue that you're running into at the moment? 

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here