BWolfe01's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, October 3rd, 2021 8:53 PM

Closed

Missing Channels on Xfinity Stream App

I was trying to watch a football game this afternoon on my tablet and noticed that all of my local channels (and most of my cable package) are missing from the "Live TV" listing on the Stream app. I have confirmed this on 2 separate mobile devices that the same (most) channels are missing. I can see the channels on my TV and the TV onscreen channel guide (X1 box) just fine, but they aren't available on the app any more. If it makes a difference, this is in north Mississippi near the metro Memphis, TN viewing area. It was working fine a few days ago and now nothing. Please help!

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @BWolfe01!

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums for support with this issue. 

I'd like to dig a bit deeper into your account and see if we can figure out what happened to these channels and if changes need to be made so you can watch them on the Stream App again. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityTambrey I was able to reach someone via the Reddit channel and they have been helping. The issues with the app seem to have been resolved now and all channels are showing and seem to be streaming properly based on a random sampling. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityTambrey​ I am having the same problem with streaming on my Xfinity phone.  All of a sudden I am not getting all of my channels.  How do I correct like the guy in. MS

Official Employee

• 

882 Messages

Hello, @user_98c1e3. Thanks for reporting this. I know how important it is to ensure the Xfinity Stream app is working and we'd be happy to troubleshoot with you so you can go back to watching your favorite shows. Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3rvDV0n
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing here and I am in TX. I can watch past programming but no live TV. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_0359aa, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. I personally love being able to watch cable on my phone and completely understand how frustrating this issue is! There was a known issue on the backend that has been recently resolved. Are you still having this issue with live TV?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve got the same problem

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It’s happening for me too. The stream app gives me an app-00203 error, and if I try to use a browser on the same device it says I need to upgrade. Same issue on my desktop computer as on my mobile device. The TV hooked directly to the cable box works fine, however.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Same. The strange thing is it works fine on galaxy s20. Missing channels on iPad pro m1 and fire TV stick.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

its an issue with the app,   call comcast they said they are working on it and would be up soon,  but that was at 3pm est today

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We have the same problem too.  I’m in Eads TN near Memphis and have no local channels. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The same thing happened to me earlier today I called Xfinity and they said they were working on it and they will send a couple of refreshers to my system. I unplugged my TV for 10 seconds, plugged it back in three times, no difference. Today's my only day off and I'm highly disappointed I didn't get a chance to watch my Lions lose.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi user_4106fd, thank you for creating a post her eon our forum. I am a huge football fan myself so I know how disappointing it is to miss the big game. Have you tried watching content since Sunday? Do you get the same error? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Atlanta GA here and all but 5 Channels have disappeared and those channels are PPV Sports Channels, able to play live tv on the computer but not on mobile or tv.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Well, it’s still not working on iPhone, fire stick, or Roku. Why is Comcast not responding to any post or for that matter fixing the problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here (Texas) yesterday all live channels disappeared. Only watch previously recorded shows. Saying my plan doesn’t include any channels. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_96431e Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! This is a known issue with our stream app we are working to resolve. Can you delete your stream app, and then redownload it? This seems to be clearing up the issue. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing here (Houston TX). Tried streaming on iPad and Fire TV

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing here (Houston TX). Tried streaming online with iPad and Fire TV

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @user_3f3f34! I am sorry you are experiencing issues as well. Did you attempt to uninstall the stream app and install again to see if this corrects the issue? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have same problem on Streaming app using FireTV in Houston, TX .  Up until a few days ago we had the whole line-up...now we have a few local channels and lots of music channels. (And nothing in-between. ) Went to try and watch Monday Night football on ESPN and didn't have it. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi user_8abf39, it looks like this issue has been resolved. Are you still having issues with seeing all of your content? If so please send us a private message with your full name and street address. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having same issues with the app and the cable box, all my channels are gone and says I have no service, the chat did not resolve anything, what is going on?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_6c4b82 Hi there! Sorry to learn about this and the experience with the chat. Is the issue still happening? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here