Cmidd87's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 10:52 AM

Closed

I have two properties:  Primary has internet and a TV package with DVR.  Secondary only has internet, but I got the free Xfinity Flex box.  

When I am at my secondary location, I can use my laptop or phone to log into Xfinity stream associated with my primary residence and utilize all features including live TV and DVR recordings. 

When I open the Xfinity Stream app through the Xfinity Flex box at the secondary residence, there is no way to log into the account for my primary residence, and it wants me to pay more for channels I already can get from the primary account. 

How can I get the instance of Xfinity Stream on the Flex box to point to my primary account?  

My backup plan is to get a Firestick or something like that and log into the primary account that way, but one would think there should be an easy way to do this -- especially for a customer forking over a bunch of money to have two accounts. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm truly sorry but you wouldn't be able to log into your primary account at your secondary residence via the Flex box. I also want to mention that the Xfinity Stream app will only work on Roku/Firesticks while connect to the in home network of the account it is associated with so it wouldn't work if you were to connect a compatible streaming stick to the TV at the secondary residence since it isn't the home network of your primary account. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBillie Same problem here, and to make it worse, the Comcast salesperson agreed that it made sense when I told him I was ditching TV at one location (keeping TV at the other location/account) because I could stream it at our second location using an Internet-only package. Why not just let customers sign into their account on the Flex box (and also on Roku/Firesticks)? We're paying for the TV and we can stream it on multiple devices anywhere except on the TV in our second location. Just doesn't make sense. Thanks.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I have the exact same issue. I'm not going to buy another TV service for my second account. Thankfully, I can access local channels thru either my TV's Apps or use my Plex servers Live TV function. And for not local channels I can cast from my phone using the Xfinity Stream.

Xfinity is really trying to force people to use other TV streaming services and losing business. Xfinity has a dying business model and will only be good for internet service. How dumb! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here, and to make it worse, the Comcast salesperson agreed when I told him I was ditching TV at one location (keeping TV at the other location/account) because I could stream it using an Internet-only package. Fool me once....

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have three different residences and refuse to purchase three separate accounts for TV service. I would change my internet service to Xfinity/Comcast at all locations to be able to utilize their TV app but they are just being greedy to require a separate account for each location. I am looking for an answer so please offer suggestions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I was told the same thing as the other posters by my xfinity sales person as well and now am unable to use stream. I guess I might try casting from my phone or computer to the tv but makes me want to drop cable once and for all. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem. Looks like its time to dump and stream. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here