N

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 18th, 2023 8:59 PM

Closed

Live tv and dvr recordings are jumpy

I’ve used this app on many devices. It’s typical when starting a live stream or recording for the picture to be a bit blurry while the stream “catches up” so to speak. After 5-15 seconds it becomes clear. On a new Samsung smart tv the video plays normal, a bit blurry, but when it corrects the picture is very jumpy. Unwatchably so. For some reason if I play a recording or stream  from a network channel (NBC and Fox) this does not happen. But any stream or recording from any cable channel has been jumpy. I’ve tried unplugging, as well as deleting and reinstalling and the problem persists. Any reliable fix to this? I’m using the app directly on the tv.   

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out and let us know about these streaming issues you are running into. I know having issues with the picture is always a concern and we want to be sure we can dive into this. Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

11 months ago

I have this problem with all my newer TVs and xfinity. I had to switch the tv to “game mode” and it corrected the problem. The older TVs (2018) and older don’t have this problem  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here