U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, March 12th, 2023 3:31 PM

Closed

Kindle Fire HD 10 7th generation Xfinity stream app won’t update

​​I have a kindle fire HD 10 - 7th generation. ​​

​​The Xfinity stream app is the older version (black in color) version 6.14.0.004​

​I get the error message that I need to update my settings. I try to update, the tablet takes me to update, it downloads but it is the same app.  I go back to the Xfinity app, I get the same error message to update Xfinity. ​

​​I have deleted app, cleared cache, reset Kindle to factory settings. I still get the error message. I tried to download the app (purple in color) version 7.10.026 the older version (black in color) keeps coming back and not the purple. ​​

​​Does Xfinity have an upgrade for my generation 7 tablet?  ​​

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

2 years ago

@user_f2d3a7 Do you notice this same kind of error whenever you attempt to download the Xfinity Stream app on a different device? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue with my older kindle fire. I do not have the issue with other devices though for same account. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_7b314b. I see you are having a similar issue as @user_f2d3a7, and we understand this has been confusing to see. The availability of the latest version can depend if you have an operating system on the device which supports the new updates. You can visit this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements to check on other equipment as well. 

Below covers the section which pertains to this device to save you time:

SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS

• To find and download the Xfinity Stream app in the Google Play Store, your device must be running Android 7.0 or later.
  • To find and download the Xfinity Stream app in the Amazon Appstore, your Amazon Fire TV and tablet devices must be running Fire OS 6 or later. 
  • Any smartphone, tablet or Fire TV device running Android 6, Fire OS 5 or earlier isn't supported.

Can either of you check if your Kindles are running Fire OS6 or later? If not, it does appear your devices will not be able to get the update.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same issue. I've updated. I've deleted. Reinstalled. The xfinity streaming app doesn't work on my kindle any linger.  Will anyone at Comcast fix this issue? I sincerely doubt it. Mark my words. It will not get fixed.

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @user_ef3224 thank you for reaching out through our forum. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This company is a joke. I chatted with an agent about this issue and he tried to sell me an iPad. After hounding me about my phone carrier.  I was promised a call back that didn’t come. Really horrible business practices. After nearly 30 years it’s time to cut the cord. They don’t care about loyal customers at all

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_07784e, Please let us know if you still need assistance. We would be happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Is there a way we can download the older app so it'll work on OS 5.7?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here