jlf2626's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Monday, June 24th, 2024 10:40 PM

I have the Xfinity 3 channel streaming package of Netflix, Apple TV and Peacock $15.00 a month streaming package. I Authorized all 3

I have the Xfinity 3 channel streaming package of Netflix, Apple TV and Peacock $15.00 a month streaming package. I Authorized all 3 channels including Apple TV 
{100 times}. It shows me signed in. No problem accessing and watching any channel on Peacock and the Netflix Apps as Normal. But from the beginning after I Authorized and logged in Apple TV with the code, all I can see on my Samsung TV is the Free 7-day Trial offer screen. Not the same normal Apple TV programing screen that I can see on the Apple TV App on my PC and my Roku Apple TV App. Whatever program I click on gives me choices to accept Free Trial {then subscribe $9.99 a month} or play free Episode. I have a Xfinity 4k DVR connected and have re-started it multiple times, re-set the Apple TV on screen App and cleared the DVR'S Cache. The same problem appears on my other TV's in the house. I went through level 1 Customer support twice. Then with the next level support twice also. Was told by both after they failed to help was that I need my 4k DVR's Firmware manually updated and they scheduled me an appointment for a service call to get that done. So, when the Tech arrived {new employee} she started disconnecting my internet cable at my Modem/Router box to check my signal strength. I asked her why she is checking that when my service call was to update the DVR'S Firmware. She had No clue, so she called her supervisor. She then called for another Xfinity Tech to come to my home to help her as she was No longer getting any internet signal strength coming into my home. Turns out her equipment was on the wrong port, but my signal was a little low. Even though I was getting the Internet speeds that I was paying for, over 500 mb. They then had to call the lift truck guy to climb the pole and he did some adjustments at the Hub in my yard and up the block in the neighbor's pole. That got me 30 dB more signal strength. So, the new Tech told me it isn't possible for him to manually upgrade my 4k DVR'S firmware. Because it's done overnight or daily automatically. So, the 2nd level Xfinity support was wrong? We also went over the same steps of me Authorizing and re-signing into my Apple TV App on my Samsung TV, connected to the Xfinity 4k DVR, with No success as usual. So, since nothing regarding my access to the Apple TV App was fixed, the Tech told me he would come back the following Sunday and that he would email the Engineers with my problem. I didn't expect him back Sunday because No appointment had been scheduled as far as knew. Sunday has now come and gone. I did see a missed call and a voice message from a Xfinity Support person I believe a couple days later. But the message was so faint and his accent so heavy that I could only make out a handful of words that he said. As I mentioned earlier, I can get the correct Apple TV Apps programing screen when logged in with my Xfinity ID and Password on my Roku App and on the Apple TV App downloaded to my PC. Just not on my 4k Xfinity DVR to Samsung TV screen or any other of my TV's. All updated to the latest Firmware. One more thing, my Apple and Xfinity ID and Password are exactly the same and create No problem on my PC or Roku Streaming Stick.  Looking for help if anyone has experienced the same issue that has subscribed to the Xfinity 3 channel streaming package. No issues with Peacock, Netflix Apps, jus can see the Apple TV Free 7-day Trial screen on the Apple TV App. Sorry for the long post, been trying different things for over 2 weeks now.

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here