T

Friday, December 22nd, 2023 4:48 AM

Closed

I am experiencing every time I turn on xfinity stream on my Samsung Closed Caption is on & no one at Comcast seems to know why, please help

I am experiencing every time I turn on xfinity stream on my  Samsung smart TV Closed Caption is on & no one at Comcast seems to know why, please help. 

I also get buffing and lagging at night at around 8 pm when I am watching xfinity stream on my Samsung smart TV. 

These issue have had no resolution through Comcast and I have had xfinity stream for 2 years and has had buffing and lagging issues ever since.

Official Employee

• 

859 Messages

9 months ago

@TRINAISTHAT1 We appreciate you reaching out for you streaming issues. What troubleshooting have you done already? Is this happening on a specific show, movie, or all things you stream? 

5 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ Hello Shawn, 

No, I have not received an answer to my question of why the  Comcast/Xfinity Streaming app is used. This recently started when Comcast had the Citrix breach. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@TRINAISTHAT1 I would be happy to help you troubleshoot this connection and set up the issue. The first thing I suggest you do is make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the Xfinity Stream app on your TV. Below are the steps for that process. Please let me know if updating this helps with the connection.  

Follow these steps to determine your Samsung TV model and software version:
1. Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet.
2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
3. Scroll to and select the Settings icon (gear to the right).
4. Arrow down to Support.
5. Arrow right, then down, then select About this TV.
6. From here, you'll see the Model Code, Serial Number, Software Version, etc.

Next, follow these steps to add the Xfinity Stream app to your compatible Samsung Smart TV:
1.Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet.
2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
3. Scroll to and select Apps.
4. Select the Magnifying Glass icon.
5. Enter Xfinity Stream using the on-screen keyboard and select Done.
6. Select the Xfinity Stream app and then choose Download.
7. Once installation is complete, select Open to start using the Xfinity Stream app.
8. When asked, register your device and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.

You can also see these steps and find additional information at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

As for turning off the CC have you checked the settings on both the tv and the app to make sure that they are CC is turned off in both areas? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

9 months ago

Yes, I have checked the settings on both my tv and the app to make sure that the CC is turned off in both areas. Evey time I turn the tvs with Comcast streaming on I have to turn off the CC and I did not have to do that 30 days ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I appreciate you giving that a try, @TRINAISTHAT1! Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working on a fix. Are you able to turn off Closed Captioning while watching a specific program? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

8 months ago

Yes, will Xfinity let me know once this issue has been resolved?

2 Messages

I have the exact problem on my Samsung TV too. Xfinity has not been able to solve. 

Official Employee

• 

738 Messages

Hey there, @TRINAISTHAT1! You can continue to check on the forums here as we will update once the team has resolved the concerns. Currently, our engineer teams are working on the fix to fully resolve this issue and will update the ticket as soon as possible. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I had the same issue with CC as well...  That is, until my Xfinity Streaming stopped working altogether 3 days ago.  The app loads but the channel never turns on.  The error code is TVAPP 001448.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 4 different times.  I have unplugged the TV to power cycle the unit.  Nothing has worked.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

1 Message

@user_iwgqax​ Same issue here on both my Samsung smart tvs.  Called Xfinity and was told there is now an issue with the Xstreaming app with Samsung smart tvs.  Tried reinstalling, etc.  It started 3 days ago and has not worked since.  Was told "they are working on it".  ??

1 Message

My exact problem; it started Thursday, it’s now Saturday. “video cannot play back” (something like that). Tried reinstalling and restarting several times each day…nothing. Tried an Amazon Fire Stick I had from an older TV I no longer have and it won’t even allow me to download the app.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_iwgqax. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums. Have you attempted the steps suggested by my peer @XfinityChristy?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_k9ptw4 Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on this issue, and we hope to have a resolution for everyone soon. Thank you for your patience!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_bvia84 Thanks for letting us know. Our engineering teams are still working on the Xfinity Stream app concerns with Samsung TVs. We hope to have a resolution soon. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Samsung tv xfinity  streaming can’t stream live tv. This has been going on for 3 days now. I have done everything, unplug the tv, unplug the Wi-Fi, deleted xfinity app, reinstalled the app, checked Samsung for updates. I can’t watch the football games, I can’t watch any other live-streaming. Xfinity this needs to be fixed on your end otherwise there is no reason to keep paying $$ when I can’t watch tv. 

1 Message

I'm having the same problems. New TV, Samsung software update, Xfinity Stream live tv doesn't work. I can still browse and watch movies.  Xfinity advance tech says that it's Samsung's issue. The same issue happened with LG tv's, but LG provided a fix. Samsung has not responded to Xfinity's repeated requests for assistance.

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same issue. The app should be configured with all popular brands and engineering departments should be coordinated. This is a failure and I’d like a credit for each day I cannot access live TV. 

5 Messages

8 months ago

Unfortunately, Xfinity is a billion dollar company that does not care about the individual customer, its all about the monthly amount they get from us and the more the better. The only way to change is to change the provider we are using to someone who cares or just choose not to deal with any cable and internet provider. Many customers have been complaining about this same issue and Xfinity has done nothing. I have been complaining so has so many others. If Xfinity does not care we need to care.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here