phylanxx123's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Favorites not working on Xfinity Stream Beta for Firestick TV

I recently purchased an Amazon Firestick TV and downloaded the Xfinity Stream Beta App onto the Firestick.  I was able to activate my device and all the features (including live TV) seem to be working except for the favorites tab.  When I select the favorites tab, a white cursor appears over one of my favorites, but dissapears after a second, and I'm not able to select any of my favorites.  I am able to search my favorites by name and play then without using the favorites menu, so I know they are available to play, but I cannot select and play any of the shows in my favorites tab from the Firestick.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app with no luck.  Is there something else I can do, or is this a bug within the app itself?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having same issue. The favorites opens and is viewable but I can’t select anything. By accident I discovered it works if I let the firestick go into screensaver mode and then wake it up. Suddenly I can select something. But it only works once each time.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I just installed the Amazon firestick recently and I have the same problem. In order to save favorites on firestick, you have to find a star symbol that just isn't there when you are using the Xfinity beta app.
Amazon should come up with an update for its firestick to resolve this issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i had a hard time with this also. good news, i figured it out. just download the app on your phone or tablet and it actually has the star they mention in the instructions on firestick. sign into the app and select tha channels that you want, and they will show up on your firestick the next time you use it.

hope this helps!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

thank you thank you thank you. After trying for a week I can finally save to favorites stations. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here