U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 29th, 2023 5:04 PM

Closed

Extremely poor recording playback on Xfinity stream

This issue is occurring on all my TVs which use the FireTV stick leveraging the Xfinity Stream app as well as accessing stream on my laptop.  The video is dithering in and out of HD and then it jumps a few seconds ahead and the stops all together with the three dots moving and then to black screen and the n back to normal.  This just keeps on happening no matter which recording I choose.  It’s been going on for the last two days and after four supper calls and almost the same amount of hours on calls the problem still persists.  They’re now sending out a tech in four days which does help me with watching the Ryder Cup.  This is all about their QoS for the recording playback and nothing to do with my equipment as all other streaming services are working perfectly to include Xfinity Live TV.  When I see a put come off the putter and suddenly I’m seeing a fist pump I’m able to rewind and then see the whole put which proves it’s not the recording itself but again the playback services.  And don’t get me started on how frustrating it is to call in and get around the automated assistant - unbelievable!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

We’ll I just received an automated call indicating that a technician had found the issue and corrected the problem and asked if I wanted to cancel my service appt.  So I turn on the tv and the problem is still there.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_4be535 I am sorry to hear that the work they were doing in your area did not fix the that issue for you. I would like to review your account and see where things are at with your service appointment and to see what I can do to help. To get started, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

This issue is yet to be resolved!  Every time I call or chat it’s like I’ve never called before and I spend over an hour on the phone getting transferred back-and-forth.  I had an actual Xfinity technician stand in my living room face-2-face and tell me it’s a known issue that the regular support teams are unaware of and that Xfinity can’t figure out.  This is absolutely pathetic!

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here