A

Thursday, January 18th, 2024 11:53 PM

Closed

Error : TVAPP-00165

So I’ve been trying to hook up Xfinity stream on my LG TV with the Xfinity streaming app, cause I got an email. Which looked like this:

It’s back.

52 weeks of free.
No strings attached.

As an Xfinity Internet customer, you have access to exciting
content through Free this Week. It’s easy to watch — at no
extra cost. Explore what’s new on the Xfinity Stream app.

Plus, check back every Monday for fresh,
new entertainment each week.

so this is the email I got. I was excited so I jumped on my tv and started the process to set it up on my tv…. Now here’s the thing. I signed in and did the code, and it gave me this error : 

Sorry!

Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription. Check out xfin.tv/shop to subscribe today!

OK

(Error: TVAPP-00165)

so here the problem I contact Xfinity with the support chat and the agent said i had to add it to my account and I would be getting a box…. I ask if I was getting charged for this agent said no. So I said ok will this fix the problem…. Agent said yes and it should work now. So I said ok thank you. End the chat and tried again and got the same error…. Am I missing something here? Like is this only through the box and iPad/iphone? I can’t seem to make it work with my tv which is lg and I download the app called Xfinity stream. It acts like it trying to sign in when I try the code but then give me that error…. 

I don’t wanna be charged for a box I won’t use and I don’t wanna use a box just to use Xfinity stream when I have a smart tv…. Is anyone able to help or had the same problem? 

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @A_winter. This promotion is available to both Xfinity TV and Internet customers but does require an Xfinity Flex box when you don't have Xfinity TV. This link will provide more information https://www.xfinity.com/hub/free-tv-movies/free-tv-week.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here