U

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 9:03 PM

Closed

error: tvapp-00165

I have Xfinity for cable/video and internet. I am trying to reauthorize my Samsung tv (was authorized and working fine a couple days ago) to use the Xfinity streaming app. I get the sign in screen (no QR code shows up though) and enter the code provided into the Xfinity.com/authorize site. The tv screen changes and appears to be loading the app but then comes back with a message that says “Sorry” and has the error: tvapp-00165 in the lower right corner.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

1 year ago

@user_ycqux6 So sorry to hear about the app acting up but I'd love to help get this taken care of. Could you please send us a direct message with your full name and address to get started?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

11 months ago

I get this code when trying to get Xfinity stream on my Samsung tv. I can watch Xfinity stream on my iPad with no problems but not on my tv, please help

Official Employee

• 

730 Messages

Hey there, @user_rnn2h7! I am so sorry to hear about your troubles with authenticating the access. We would be happy to dig into the account with you directly to troubleshoot with you further. Can you please send us a DM?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

Did either of you get this fixed, I started getting this message yesterday and no help for Xfinity customer service.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_omvfqs We appreciate you taking the time to reach out here on our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely understand the frustration, we use the Stream app on 3 of our TVs and it would be a bummer if it wasn't working right. Can you tell me more about the error that you are receiving? Is it the same as posted above? What type of device are you trying to access the Stream app on?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

7 months ago

I’m getting the message on my 2 LG TV’s.  I login with my Xfinity user name and password, get a message that states success and then get this error message telling me that high speed internet users are not included in the plan.  I login on my xf8nity WiFi and have a Xfinity cable tv plan.

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@user_slfarn Have you tried resetting your modem, and TV? Let me know if the issue still persists. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here