tlashon_ga06256's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 6th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

ERROR TVAPP-00148

I have a Samsung Smart TV. The Xfinity Stream App will not allow me to watch any On-Demand content. It says, “Sorry, something went wrong” with Error TVAPP-00148. This has been happening for some time. I’ve called and been connected with Advanced Repair and they weren’t successful in fixing this. We were on the phone for almost two hours. They said they’d call back but never did. I have the latest firmware/software on my TV, I’ve deleted and downloaded the app, I’ve reset the gateway, I’ve restarted the TV, yet nothing seems to work. Please help!

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@tlashongreen Hi dear user, we are sorry for any inconvenience you're experiencing. Our teams are working on resolving this issue and a fix will be implemented in an upcoming release. In the meantime, please try fast forwarding by pressing right on the control pad until video playback begins as a workaround. Thank you for reaching out and reporting this issue.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi there, tlashongreen. Good morning, I hope you are doing well! It's frustrating to hear about your troubles with our Stream app on your TV. Was it working for on demand previously and then it just randomly stopped? Did you make sure to sign out before deleting and reinstalling the app? It sounds like we may need to open a request for you, to have this looked into further. We can help you with that right here, so you came to the right place! Which model of Samsung Smart TV do you have?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having the same issue 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having the same issue. Called customer support they was no help they said my TV is not on the list but I'm not understanding how it was working to the next day it's not. I tried deleting the app updating the tv and nothing works. Maybe it's best to cancel at this point.

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

Hi @Kj3610000. I hate to hear that you're having these issues as well, but we'd be happy to look into it for you. We ask that you do create a new thread though since this one is a 5-month old thread. We'll be able to help you there! :)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am experiencing this same issue. I have deleted and re-loaded the app 3x now. Everything else on the TV works but this. I am tired of this happening every other month!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_9145b1! I'm sorry to hear you are having continued issues with your Xfinity Stream app. We are happy to assist. Since this is a 7-month old thread, we ask for you to please create a new thread so we may assist there. Thank you!  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Cache problem you need Advanced Technical support to clean it up.   It took us 3 weeks to get to the right department.  Good Luck!    Hope this helps

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Ugh. We are having the same issue Error TVAPP-00148 on our Samsung TV. It was working perfectly and then just stopped. I don’t think I have three weeks of patience to try and figure this out.

Official Employee

• 

677 Messages

@user_1516a3

Hello! What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m having the same issue 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue... how do they fix this

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. I have a LG TV. Was working great for almost a year, now it will not work at all 

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_234467. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Xfinity Stream app. My family uses that app a ton and I can imagine how much frustration this is causing you. I would love to assist you with a resolution. Let's get your account pulled up and start getting you taken care of. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 

 • Click the direct message icon

 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

 • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here