tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Error Code TVAPP-00116

I have a roku on one of my TVs.  It was working just fine, and now all of the sudden it's giving me this error code.  What does this mean?  What can be done to fix it?

Now it's saying error code TVAPP-00207

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Seems to have resolved itself.  If it keeps happening, I'll just get a cable box back for the TV.  I won't get rid of the roku obviously, way too much good stuff on it, but I really am enjoyiing saving the $10 a month on a cable box.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I have had no instances of this error since installing the app a year ago.  Can any comcast employees please explain exactly what this error code means?

For me, the issue occurs only on some channnels. The behavior is that the app tries to connect the streams, and then starts acting glitchy, e.g. the channel name pops up and quickly disappears a few times, then the error is displayed.

I did resolve the error (at least it did not return) by switching to another wifi connection, though I don't see why that would make a difference just for some channels. Maybe a comcast employee can explain that as well?

At this point it seems to be working but I would really like to understand why this error is occurring since I expect it to return.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

@tito752 wrote:

Seems to have resolved itself.  

If it is working now, it may be explained in this thread:

Known Issue impacting some Xfinity Stream and Xfinity X1 customers - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 3393733

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

That certainly explains why I could watch Antenna TV and not CMT.  Thanks, it's fine now.  🙂

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here