daemondog's profile

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

Friday, April 10th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Emergency alert endless loop on Xfinity Stream app - Roku

Attempting to watch recorded programming in the Xfinity Cloud here in Denver & we contue to be redirected to a six page Amber alert that plays in an endless loop.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@daemondog wrote:

Attempting to watch either Live TV or recorded shows in the Xfinity Cloud here in Denver & we contue to be redirected to a six page Amber alert that plays in an endless loop.

is it back to working normally?

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, thank you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How did you fix it? I have it too

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

4 years ago

I didn't fix it.  Even tho the alert had happened many hours earlier it was showing up when we tried to watch a program late at night (11 PM) on cloud DVR.  However, it was not part of the recording, just an interruption at the start of our recorded program.  & yes, it repeated over & over.

Weeks later it happened again with another alert, we sat thru the entire 4-minute repeating alert & then our normal programming started.  About halfway thru the show we made the mistake of switching to another TV, to finish watching the same recorded program.  It made us sit thru the entire 4-minute emergency alert again because we had switched to another device.

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

So I'm not seeing how you fixed it or how to fix it.  I have my Mac as my office computer at home and my monitor is a Sharp TV.  I have always been able to watch Live TV without incident, even earlier this week, until late this afternoon.  Now, no matter what channel I chose to watch live TV, the same Amber Alert comes on after about two minutes and then it just keeps repeating.  No way to get back to live programming, change channel, etc.

I have closed out Safari, cleared history and cookies, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  Anybody that has a concrete answer on how they solved this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

4 years ago

No, I did not fix it.  Xfinity needs to fix it.  The alert is too long (repeating) & too loud.  I rarely watch Live TV, but they shouldn't force the alert on those of us watching recorded programming.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks.  I agree.  My guess is that it is a software issue with their playback software.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem very easy to get in touch with a live person to actually get that message to them so they can fix it.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

the EAS is controlled by government agencies (local/county/state/fed). they put the alert out and the server outputs the message(s) until the end of message flag is received. record a problem and then talk to your local non-emergency phone numbers and tell them of or show them the alert message so the proper agency that issued the alert (with error?) can be contacted.

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

4 years ago

This thread was created in regards to Recorded Programming, don’t want it to wander off to issues with Live TV. The problem with alerts during recorded programming may have been fixed because I don’t think we’ve experienced it in a while.

btw - I've been unable to login to the Communtiy Forum for days.  Received this on multiple browsers, multiple PC's & multiple user id's:

HTTP Status 401 -
type Status report

description This request requires HTTP authentication.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still doing it!

Contributor

• 

81 Messages

4 years ago

It's not a bookmark. While clicking login from inside the forum I was redirected to the HTTP Status 401 error.  Issue resolved itself back in Sept, has been no recurrence. 

Thanks

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@daemondog wrote:

This thread was created in regards to Recorded Programming, don’t want it to wander off to issues with Live TV. The problem with alerts during recorded programming may have been fixed because I don’t think we’ve experienced it in a while.

btw - I've been unable to login to the Communtiy Forum for days.  Received this on multiple browsers, multiple PC's & multiple user id's:

HTTP Status 401 -
type Status report

description This request requires HTTP authentication.

you will to check your bookmark etc so that the address is https://  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here