U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 18th, 2022 2:05 PM

Closed

DVR recording to firestick

I was unable to access and watch DVR recordings as the TV said it recorded to a mobile device. It actually recorded to Xfinity streaming app on the fire stick. I did not set it up that way how do I stop it from recording on the fire stick again. 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for letting us know. I know how important it is to be able to watch your favorite recordings on different platforms. For clarity, Amazon Firestick is considered a "mobile" device. I can help. Please follow below for steps.

Delete a Recorded Program

1. Open the Xfinity Stream app while connected to any WiFi or mobile network.
  2. Swipe left to right to open the main navigation, or hit the menu (three stacked horizontal lines) button on the top-left.
  3. Tap Recordings to see all cloud recordings on your DVR.
  4. Scroll through the recordings and tap on the TV episode or movie you want to delete.
  5. Tap Record Options and choose Delete Recording to delete the program from your DVR.
  6. Tap Yes for Apple devices or Delete Now for Android devices.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ I didn't ask how to delete recordings I know that. I asked how to stop things from recording on the fire stick as they were not set up to record on that. Thanks for responding but it doesn't matter because I deleted the Xfinity streaming app off of my fire stick and off of my fire TV so that nothing can record on them. Seemed to be the easiest solution to me.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I apologize for the inconvenience. I did want to make sure we work with you and help you resolve this in case you'd like to download the app back on your Amazon TV or Firestick. 

You should be able to access your recordings on your X1 DVR and through mobile devices. Though sometimes when opened on the app through a partner device and clicked download, it 'checks out' the recording to be viewed. When you download a program to your device, it’s 'checked out' and cannot be viewed on other devices until it is checked back in. Once viewed completely you will have the option to 'return it' and be able to view on other devices again. Please let me know if this helps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here