U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 17th, 2022 1:19 AM

Closed

dvr playback on stream app: picture freezes, audio remains around the 35 min mark

When I playback a show I've DVR'd through the Stream app, playback is normal until around the 35 min mark when the picture freezes but the audio remains playing.  This seems to be happening with Bravo shows on my iPad and iPhone. 

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you so much for clarifying, @user_944be0! According to our Xfinity Stream App and Portal Troubleshooting, you can try the following troubleshooting steps when specifically using the Stream app:

1. Make sure your device has an active network (either in-home Xfinity network or another Internet connection).
  2. Close and re-open the app.
  3. Try playing the recording.
  4. Still not working? Force-quit the app.
    • Apple: Quickly press the Home button twice to see previews of your recently used apps, then swipe left or right until you find the Xfinity Stream app. Swipe upwards on the preview of the app until it is no longer on the screen.
    • Android: Open the Settings, tap Apps, then tap the Running tab. Find Xfinity TV and tap Force stop. Not all Android devices function the same way. If you're having trouble force-quitting the app on an Android device, try turning the device off and then back on again.
  5. Wait two minutes and re-open the app.
  6. Try playing the recording.

After this point, if you're still having issues (which is possibly where you're at already), we can look further into things by bringing up your account. If you've tried these steps and still need help, please send our team a private message with your full name and full address. We can most definitely take a further look at this issue!

To send a "Peer to Peer" (private) message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to Peer chat" icon
• Click the "New Message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here, and I am watching Bravo shows also! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem with Bravo.  Xfinity needs to send this to IT department. I have to watch the show the next day on other channels. Not happy

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, @user_3a1cf9, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be when you are trying to watch your favorite shows on Bravo! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

The provided solutions do not work 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 years ago

@user_944be0, I use the Stream pretty much every day and love watching recordings on my Samsung TV, so I can imagine how frustrating of an issue this has been for you. Has this been happening with all Bravo content you've recorded or a specific show? Are you able to confirm if the recording gives you the same issue while using your cable box?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMarcos It happens on all Bravo shows I record whenever I try to play them back on my Apple devices - iPhone, iPad, even my laptop.   I do not have the same issue when watching the recording on my cable box - it works fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you so much for clarifying, @user_944be0! According to our Xfinity Stream App and Portal Troubleshooting, you can try the following troubleshooting steps when specifically using the Stream app:

1. Make sure your device has an active network (either in-home Xfinity network or another Internet connection).
  2. Close and re-open the app.
  3. Try playing the recording.
  4. Still not working? Force-quit the app.
    • Apple: Quickly press the Home button twice to see previews of your recently used apps, then swipe left or right until you find the Xfinity Stream app. Swipe upwards on the preview of the app until it is no longer on the screen.
    • Android: Open the Settings, tap Apps, then tap the Running tab. Find Xfinity TV and tap Force stop. Not all Android devices function the same way. If you're having trouble force-quitting the app on an Android device, try turning the device off and then back on again.
  5. Wait two minutes and re-open the app.
  6. Try playing the recording.

After this point, if you're still having issues (which is possibly where you're at already), we can look further into things by bringing up your account. If you've tried these steps and still need help, please send our team a private message with your full name and full address. We can most definitely take a further look at this issue!

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

This reply has been converted into a comment
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ This also happens to me on multiple Bravo shows. Xfinity needs to do something about it. It's been happening for months

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Exact same problem for me too! Is there an update that needs to be done? Any guidance will be helpful!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @stephrose312. I don't see we have a specific update that needs to be done, but we can surely help provide some guidance along the way. Are you having this issue specifically with Bravo, or have you noticed this with other networks? Others have mentioned they are an iOS device. Are you use Apple products as well, or does this happen with any device you use on the Xfinity Stream App. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have had the issues on iOS phone s well as tablet, and Samsung  television.  

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Same. Mac Book, Samsung computer

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Did it to me tonight. Every single bravo show does this. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, @user_53a1f3, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We are here to help with troubleshooting as I can definitely see how this would be frustrating. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Are you having issues with all of your devices as well?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

None of the troubleshooting steps help 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I've been getting the same problem!! (only on my iPhone, it's fine on my computer)  I think it's only for Bravo TV shows too.  Picture freezes around the 35 min mark but the audio keeps going. I noticed it more when I updated the Xfinity Stream app, but maybe it's been happening even before that.  It's so annoying!!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem with ONLY with the Bravo recordings. I have tried the suggestions and nothing works, all the rest of my recording stream fine through the app. Seems if everyone is having the same problem, maybe the developers can fix??? I have even deleted app and reinstalled,  still does not work.

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this issue! If you have tried all the known steps to troubleshoot this, you can send me a DM with your name and your address to locate your account and I can help you troubleshoot from there! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityJosephB​  hello, have you been able to help anyone resolve this issue? If so, can you tell me what you did, appears most iPad and iPhone users are having this problem with Bravo only. Are the the developers working on this? Would be nice if someone from Xfinity can provide update to our forum. I tried to watch Bravo show last night that I had recorded on my iPad and it did the exact same thing, freezes after commercial. HELP PLEASE!!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

It's also on Mac computers and Samsung TVs, so probably all devices. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Tried all troubleshooting, happens to every Bravo show using streaming app on iPad from recorded shows. Doesn’t happen on the tv. Please escalate this. It is not fixable with the usual techniques.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the exact problem as all of these post with Bravo playback on my I Phone

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem with the xfinity app on Roku where i pick up my DVR recordings.  Has this issue been resolved? What should I do?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @amy13180! Thanks for bringing your shared concerns to the community. Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps I listed earlier from our Xfinity Stream App and Portal Troubleshooting guide? If you have and are still encountering issues, feel free to send us a private message with your full name and full address. We can most definitely take a further look at this issue and continue troubleshooting your particular account if necessary.

• Press Enter to send it

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem. None of my recorded Bravo shows on my iphone or iPad are playing without freezing midway through, usually following a commercial break. I tried all the troubleshooting with no luck. So frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Again, tonight when I tried to watch a Bravo show on my iPad, again the same issue, freezes after a commercial. This is only happening with all Bravo shows recorded on my DVR. It happens on my iPhone and iPad. I have tried all the suggestions, I am on my home network, have shut down and restarted, followed all suggesting and none have worked. You suggest doing a peer to peer chat, well has doing that chat resolved the issue for anyone, if so, let us know and we will do a peer to peer chat. No one has come back and said the peer to peer chat added any value. If someone has please let us know, Xfinity please acknowledge this issue and let us know if the Xfinity team is working on resolving. Thanks, a unhappy customer as this is going on way to long.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@BonitaLucky​ I 100% agree and am also an unhappy customer at this point. A tech came out to my house and while he was very nice he couldn't solve the problem. I have had no follow up from Xfinity since. Troubleshooting is NOT doing anything. More needs to be done by your team to address and solve the issue asap.

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @kmm1255, thank you for reaching out to us! I appreciate all of the troubleshooting that you've attempted on your end! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. We will be happy to take a further look into our issue! 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

HI there @BonitaLucky!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can with this issue.  So that we can take a closer look at things, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3L7vBf9 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem, but it's all shows, not just Bravo.  When I am watching a DVR'd show on E!, it freezes if I pause, and come back, but yet you can still hear the sound.  It's not an individual issue, if many people are having it, and it's with multiple shows on multiple platforms, and for me, it's only been in the last few months.  I've deleted the app, D/L it again, and same issue.  You can really use the stream service because of this.  

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Still having issue on iPad and iPhone with Bravo DVR playback, screen freezes after 30+ minutes.
Has anyone in the community been able to fix this issue by taking to Xfinity?
At this point I believe it is a app issue and it can not be corrected by talking to a person a Xfinity.
PLEASE Xfinity if this is incorrect and you can fix this issue, would appreciate it if you would let us know or tell us you know it is an app issue and you are working on it and you will let us know when it is fixed. 
PLEASE this is getting ridiculous. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@BonitaLucky​ 100%.  I just watched a few dvr'd shows on ABC or CBS and they are fine (for me at least.)  It's other cable channels that have this probem for me.   I have no idea why this is happening but it's so annoying.  I doubt talking to a Comcast rep will help.  STay strong! :)  

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello, @BonitaLucky and thank you for your comment. I am sorry to hear that the picture issues are still occurring on you Bravo DVR playback. We are happy to help in any way we can. Can you please let us and the community know if you have tried the troubleshooting steps posted by @XfinitySara at the beginning of this thread? TIA!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ Yes, tried all the steps suggested by @XfinitySara and even more such as  deleting app and reinstalling app, nothing is working.
Can you answer one question, are the programmers working on this issue??? 

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @BonitaLucky, @user_944be0 and any others seeking assistance on this thread. There is a known issue at this time with recordings on the TV channels Bravo and TLC when using our stream app. Our temporary solution is to stream via the website instead of our stream app. 

Our team of programmers are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityChristina​ Thank you for letting us know, hopefully they will get it fixed soon!👍

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here