U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 6:22 PM

Closed

DVR not working with my Roku Streaming Stick on the Xfinity App

Usually I can watch the playback but a few minutes in the picture either freezes or stops. How can I fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hi @user_efa6ae

I see you have a couple of posts inquiring about this issue. Do not worry we are here to help! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps you can share? 

We can start with uninstalling and installing the app. 

A few questions for you, are you having the same issue if you log in to Xfinity Stream through a different device? (app on phone or xfinity.com/stream) 

Is the freezing only on recordings? 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Hello

Thank you for staying on this issue until fully solved. Much appreciated.

We can start with uninstalling and installing the app. 

A. Did this a few times and no help

A few questions for you, are you having the same issue if you log in to Xfinity Stream through a different device? (app on phone or xfinity.com/stream) 

A. Only having the issue with the Roku Streaming Stick. No other devices.

Is the freezing only on recordings

A. Correct. Only freezing on recordings.

The video and audio become out of whack with each other and eventually while watching a recording the picture freezes and the audio keeps playing.

Also, if trying to fast forward it does not play the recording again. You just have 3 dots on the screen trying to play the recording. It is probable in the part of the recording where the video and audio separate and it can't play it at all.

Lee 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

This only started happening about 2 months ago with new recordings. 

I can watch old recordings with no issue. I have been using the Roku Streaming Stick with the Xfinity Streaming app for a few years now. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

We have 3 Roku Streaming Sticks and the problem is on all of them.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Thank you @user_efa6ae what is/are the Roku streaming stick's model(s)? 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Roku Streaming Stick +

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_efa6ae, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the recordings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityEva​ 

Your Q:

Thank you @user_efa6ae what is/are the Roku streaming stick's model(s)? 

A: Roku Streaming Stick +

Model # 3810X

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ 

I will AGAIN send a direct message to Xfinity Support per your request. 

PLEASE NOTE: I did this previously for this problem and no one responded but will do it a 2nd time.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityEva​ 

Please explain in detail what you are doing to solve the problem. Please be specific. The more you articulate about how you are solving this issue, the more confidence I have that a solution will be found. Thank you for understanding.

2 Messages

7 months ago

We are experiencing the same exact issue. When watching DVR shows on the stream app using Roku television, we experience the same issue. When watching with the DVR box no issues. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_0el86e. I am sorry to hear you are running into that problem with the recordings on your Roku TV. Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that corrects the problem?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here