U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 25th, 2021 1:12 PM

Closed

Downloaded content not playing

I am having problems with the xfi streaming app not playing downloaded content on my samsung tab when in airplane mode. 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I can understand the frustration, I download things for my kiddos to watch when we won't have internet as we travel. It would throw us for a loop and have unhappy kids on a long car trip if we weren't able to view our downloaded content. Can you tell me if you've downloaded multiple programs and if you are unable to view any of them while in airplane mode? 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

Thank you for confirming that and letting me know you aren't having any issues on a different device. Have you already tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Stream app on the Galaxy Tab?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I had the same problem. I downloaded multiple episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and the first download played fine. But when I went to play the 2nd download, all I got was a spinning wheel.  I was using a iPad Pro 3rd generation with iOS 15.2.

When I went back to see if the first episode would replay, it would not nor would any of the other xfinity shows. Netflix downloads played just fine.

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

Hey there, @FTBud

Are you using the Xfinity Stream portal (https://comca.st/32CEGL7) or the Xfinity Stream app?

Thanks! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I recently took a trip to Vegas downloaded a few shows that I had recorded once on the airplane and in airplane mode the videos would not play. This isn't the first time this has happened. A few months ago going to our house in Nevada, downloaded a few shows that I had recorded and they would not play. This is beginning to be very frustrating

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I can understand how frustrating it would be to be on a plane and not be able to watch the shows you wanted. Please rest assured, you have reached the right team! 

Have you tested the downloads on a cellular or WiFi connection? Is the issue the same? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue I have been having and thought I needed to upgrade my tablet. Purchased samsung galaxy tab a7 with 64 gb and still having same issues. I start watching show in airplane mode and try to jump ahead to skip commercials but freezes and have to restart at beginning. Can't continue watching in middle if I stop watching. Seems it's xfinities issue and not tablet. No solutuons I've heard of yet.....

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Ang103​ I have the same issue. Or the sound would be playing and the screen would freeze. Very frustrating. Did you ever find a fix for it? 

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Good Morning @RachGor1030 we'd love to help out if you're experiencing any trouble with viewing your downloaded content!
Can you tell me, are you accessing the content via the Xfinity stream portal, or the Xfinity stream application? Do you know if the videos play correctly when not in airplane mode? Or perhaps if the issue seems to be specific to one particular device that you are trying to use?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue.  Issue playing on iPad. Video is frozen but sounds continues.  very frustrating!!  Ridiculous amount of monthly fees to comcast and technology is a joke

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have when trying to view your shows @Deg1234567. Does this also seem to only happen while in Airplane mode on your iPad or does it happen outside of that setting as well? Have you attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the application? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

My husband and I are having the same problem.  The app works great on Wi-Fi however in airplane mode the downloaded shows will not play.  The app used to work great but over the last year it has gotten worse and doesn’t even work now.  App works fine on Wi-Fi in the hotel, etc.  Netflix and Apple downloaded shows work great.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the stream app but it still doesn’t work.  Our IPADs are fairly new with updated software.  Would love to get this resolved since we will be traveling again soon.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I downloaded five shows to my iPad mini 6 to watch on a flight and I’m unable to play any of the shows. Never had this issue before. Why am I having this problem now?  

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to reach out. Some shows are reserved for only in-home streaming. I would like to take a closer look to confirm. Can you please provide the name(s) of the show and episode (s)? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I spoke with a Xfinity tech person yesterday and they added my device (iPad) and ask me what show I was trying to watch.  I watch several and have always downloaded many recordings for travelling.  I gave them "A Million Little Things" show.  It started to work but then the picture freezes and the audio keeps playing.  I also tried "When Call the Heart".  It did the exact same thing.  Also, I believe show that are labeled "only in-home streaming" don't let you download.  I have only seen that note while in a hotel and I tried to watch live news from home.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Gotcha! Well to begin, your hunch is correct! For shows that appear with the 'Only in-home streaming' option, you'll only be able to select and watch those while connected to your in-home network. Otherwise, they'll not be available for download or stream when you're out and about!
As per the application, and freezing while streaming content when you're in airplane mode thats been downloaded, we'll move forward with diggin' in there!
Now, you'd mentioned that this has been something that has changed and worsened over the last year on both yours and your husbands iPads.
Was there anything that may have changed around the time that you'd started experiencing these issues? Whether it be perhaps something noticed on the Stream app, or either of the iPads that you recall?
Have you noticed any improvement if perhaps a power cycle is completed on either device, or any error messages that may appear?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Nothing changed around that time.  Just got on the plane, turned on airplane mode and the programs just gag.  No error messages and our IPads are typically charged 100% when we get on the plane.

This is also happening on our IPhones.

It seems that this is a problem with Xfinity since many people on various devices are having the same problem.  This was never an issue around a year ago.  I would always download several programs and they played flawlessly which was awesome when flying.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_2a2be4 Thank you for this amount of detail, it's extremely helpful! We should take a look at your profile, and make sure everything is synced up there. Since your Xfinity Stream App, works off of your User ID; it's possible we just need to refresh your profile. Can you please Direct Message, your name, the service address, and the User ID you are using for your App?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here