eileenw's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, August 13th, 2023 6:09 PM

Closed

Disney Plus App

I recently signed up the bundle for Disney Plus bundle with HULU.  I am trying to log in to the Disney Plus app on my second smart tv.  

BTW, I am able to get the HULU App to work, it is just the Disney App that will not work on my TV.

I am getting a message saying I need a new box? 

Also that I can have new box just sent to me, is that true. Does the box come from Xfinity? 

Do I have to pay extra per month for this new box?  We have three boxes in our home, two are able to use as the DVR . 

The box where the Disney app is not working is a smaller box , maybe not as new as the main TV box and the Disney App is working on the main TV? 

I would like to know how to get the Disney App on my TV to work where I can login. 

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @eileenw. If you are trying to watch Hulu or Disney+ on your cable box, you may need an updated version of the cable box. If you are attempting to watch it with your Smart TV, you can simply sign in on your TV, which is different from your cable box.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ 

Thanks, the  Disney app on the cable box does not work, it comes up with a message saying I need a new box.

I have tried turning off and uplugging the box, that does not do anything.

All other APPS even HULU which came with the bundle work fine, it is just the Disney Plus APP. does not work. 

How do I sign in to Disney just using my TV?  

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

1 year ago

Let's take a closer look and see what is going on. Please send us a private message with your full name and fill service address.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ 

Sorry, I am not familiar with the private message on this site?  

I am usually spooked giving out my private info on the web.  

Official Employee

• 

955 Messages

No worries!

To send a private message:

Sign in to the community.
Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
Click the New Message icon.
Enter the recipient's name in the Send to field.
Type the reply in the Message box
Click Enter to send your message.
You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ 

Thanks for your help.

I decided to take my old box back to the store to receive the new updated tv box.

All should be ok.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Sounds like a plan @eileenw.  Please do not hesitate to reach out back to us for any concerns you have. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here